Halloween Forum banner

Paint advice

1122 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DandyBrit
Hi everyone. This is probably a stupid question but some prop tutorials I have seen have listed latex paint as a requirement. I am not sure what this is. I live in Uk so maybe it is called something else over here? Could anyone recommend a type of paint if its not against the rules? Thanks
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Some awesome info here. I would never have even realized “latex paint” would be referenced differently in the UK.

To add to the great info Bruzilla shared, you could always add a gloss finishing coat to your props (if desired) using a glossy spray paint clear coat.

I have had great luck with that on corpsed props and other things that either remained slightly tacky days later or simply needed a “wet” or shiny look.

Human Art Rock Fictional character

(This guy is totally dry to the touch and not at all tacky, but still looks wet.)

The only drawback is you'll obviously get less coverage than say a gallon of latex/emulsion paint. However being a spray paint you can always dust it on and don't need as much as you would if you were going for color coverage over a surface.

Just keep in mind it's pretty stinky stuff, so use it in a well ventilated area like the garage or driveway. I always wear my face mask also when using it. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.