Halloween Forum banner

Paint advice

1116 9
Hi everyone. This is probably a stupid question but some prop tutorials I have seen have listed latex paint as a requirement. I am not sure what this is. I live in Uk so maybe it is called something else over here? Could anyone recommend a type of paint if its not against the rules? Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,332 Posts
Yes the guys are right - latex paint in the US is the same as emulsion paint in the UK (found that out by asking on the forum myself by the way so don't feel embarrassed!).

It depends as to what you want it for - to mix up monster mud I've used the cheap white indoor emulsion and coloured it for what ever base colour I need. If you use masonry paint it may change the texture but unless it has some extra additives it may be OK.

What are you wanting to do exactly?

· Registered
Yorkshire Scarer
1,332 Posts
There are a lot of posts and tutorials around and about about paper mache pumpkins. I think that there is an online tutorial for that very thing starting here in January. Lizzy Borden is the one who came up with the idea and lots of people seem interested. Check out the thread and see is it's something that could help you with your project.
Can't remember the exact title - something like "is anyone interested in a beginners level paper mache tutorial".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.