Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a few packing tape ghosts this year for my haunted graveyard. The problem is one of them has a dress and I mean for her to be walking the cemetery. I am wondering what clear or wire support everyone is using to keep the "dress" looking classic and full? I feel it needs almost a wire cross with some tensile strength to it but I cannot work it out in my head.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,879 Posts
I could see making a black wire framework to place her over - I'm picturing making basically a GIANT tomato cage sort of frame, but upside down so the points that would go into the ground would tie off together in her general waist area. So like 2-3 hoops that start large at the bottom and then reduce towards the waist, and attach them to straight runs that hold them all together? YOu could still drive the straight runs into the ground to secure her for basic stability then...

If she is literally a dome/skirt shape, you may need to run a support (maybe suspend by fishing line at the shoulders) if you have any type of structure/tree area she could be placed under. Otherwise I'd suggest painting a broomstick (metal or wood) or black/painted PVC or similar support and using that as a central support up through the torso and make attachment points at the shoulders - sort of a T shape?

Will definitely need to be aware of windy/bad weather tho! She could take off like a ghostly Mary Poppins! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts