Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be sort of a narrow subject, but who has played the recently released demo called "P.T." on the Playstation 4? It came out on Tuesday and it's kind of a teaser/proof of concept for the next Silent Hill game. It's the most terrifying piece of fiction I've ever experienced. I think video games are scarier than movies in general because games put you in control of the situation and therefore immerse you deeper, but this one officially crossed the line into "too scary".

I don't want to spoil its surprises, but it drops you into an environment that instantly makes you feel uneasy. It's in first-person, the graphics and sound are phenomenal, bordering on photo-realistic at times. It slowly builds tension to unbearable levels and forces you to venture deeper into places you really, really don't want to go.

It broke me. I got to a point where the terror was simply too much and I shut it off. Afterwards I felt traumatized and my hands were shaking.

So any of you horror hounds out there who happen to own a PS4, you have to try this demo if only to find out your own limits. I've played tons of horror games before but never anything that got under my skin like this.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
I played it, and I am genuinely surprised with it. I wasn't terrified like most people have been with it, but I am highly anticipating the full game.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm always looking for good horror games. I'll have to check this one out. There's another one that I've started that's pretty creepy. Check out "Outlast" on PS4 as well. It's a downloadable game as well. $20 gets you the full game....

-=CoasterBP

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK. I downloaded and played PT today. HOLY. CRAP. I was GENUINELY scared. I yelled out loud at one point. What a great little teaser game! Definitely looking forward to the next Silent Hill game. And it was FREE!

-=CoasterBP

·
Registered
702 Posts
The same happened to me! I got so scared playing it, I made my brother play instead (while I watched, half-shutting my eyes). Amazingly eerie, and I can't wait til the full game comes out. Hopefully they don't make too many changes, because I think it's perfect just how it is:)

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Yea scared the hell out of me. My lady was sitting beside me and just saying boo at random times and made fun of me jumping and screaming AHHH lol

The ending trailor was awesome and a major tease... Wonder if he will have a bow ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts