Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Undertaker
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent four hours today just gathering and sorting Halloween debris. The magnitude of repairing and deploying the gazillion Halloween pieces I have has hit me hard. I feel overwhelmed.....I’m not sure I’m going to have everything ready to put out & test in time for the big Day.

So much for planning….

·
Registered
865 Posts
I understand exactly how you feel. No matter how much you do, you look around or refer to your master plan, and it feels like you haven't done anything at all.

·
Undertaker
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand exactly how you feel. No matter how much you do, you look around or refer to your master plan, and it feels like you haven't done anything at all.
OMG! Yes that is so dang right! There is so much piddly stuff that is in need of repair it's gonna take a week to fix it all.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
I've been picking away at stuff for the past two weeks. You still have a good window of time. Maybe prioritize what you absolutely have to display and get that stuff done. Things that you can do without can be left until next year. I have a list of stuff I keep checking off, then add three more things for every two I finish! Madness!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The earlier I start the more I seem to try to do. I doubt there is anyone on here that has everything they wanted done and it all goes without a hitch. It's easy to say just relax and have fun but being some what of a perfectionist that would be coming from the wrong person. Have to agree with the prioritize comment. Start with the things you want to have done the most.

·
The Great Crazy
42,936 Posts
Boy... if I don't feel the same way even through there is still lots of time before the big day I feel behind. People keep stopping by to see when it will be lit up and all I can say is soon. I try to work at night so no one will see me lol... I get more done :D

·
Funeral Crasher
7,430 Posts
Don't sweat it too much. I feel that way every year. I just tell my self I'll put out and fix what I can, knowing whatever I do I'll still have the standout yard in the neighborhood.
Plus, every prop you fix and/or display, motivates you to do more!

We're all in the same boat! You CAN do it!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I hope I don't run into those problems when I set up...whenever that is. I just figure, set the bar low and at a certain, point, the rest is all gravy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have two lists. One says MUST DO the other says IF THERE IS TIME. Trust me when I say it helps to keep my sanity. You can do this so keep your head up and GET TO WORK!!!!. LOL

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Still working on my one skull. Kind of. Ok... not really. I abandoned it and lit a cigar and popped a beer.

My beautiful wife is tinkering with an awesome little scene though, and I pitch in on that as needed. :)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
All I can say is I am VERY grateful for Lil Ghouliette, Mr. Ghouliette, and my husband. If it weren't for them I would not have my graveyard up at all. I have a walking boot on now but can not lift things easily. So far 95% of the stuff is up. Big thanks to my family for their support.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm not in a horrible spot....I have many things waiting for paint, mache glue touch up, or attachment. I have two things, a sign and more fence, to totally build but both are easy. I have to get corn, pumpkins, hay and set the scene. My biggest concern...I had a witch house planned, but the canopy I had planned on using was mistakenly thrown out and I refuse to buy a new one when I intend on thoroughly messing it up. I have an idea, but it will take time, luck and some skills I am not sure I possess. We will see.

·
Undertaker
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I set the bar so low I tripped on it....

I didn't do squat today....except, work, wash the car, grocery shopping & other dumb responsible stuff...

Phooey!

·
Undertaker
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not in a horrible spot....I have many things waiting for paint, mache glue touch up, or attachment. I have two things, a sign and more fence, to totally build but both are easy. I have to get corn, pumpkins, hay and set the scene. My biggest concern...I had a witch house planned, but the canopy I had planned on using was mistakenly thrown out and I refuse to buy a new one when I intend on thoroughly messing it up. I have an idea, but it will take time, luck and some skills I am not sure I possess. We will see.
That sounds intriguing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
SaraB!
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing