Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
anyone find a nice oval frame for use with a widescreen tv?

Been looking for something for either 32 or 40" tv.
but it need to be wide enought to cover a section where the tvs speakers are.
so it has to be rather wide.

I thought I'd ask here, if anyone has found a source for such a frame

it may be that I need to look for a more streamline tv for this type of frame

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I'd put one together using foamcore. Could make is custom as large as you wanted, then sand it and paint it up to look like a nice old frame and it should be light and easy to mount. It also shouldn't be hard enough to do any serious damage to the tv or surrounding decor if it fell. ;)

Would need to print out a guide for an oval tho - I can do perfect circles (using a center pin and string/marker) and obviously squares/rectangles, but ovals are a bit tricky without a guide.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'd put one together using foamcore. Could make is custom as large as you wanted, then sand it and paint it up to look like a nice old frame and it should be light and easy to mount. It also shouldn't be hard enough to do any serious damage to the tv or surrounding decor if it fell. ;)

Would need to print out a guide for an oval tho - I can do perfect circles (using a center pin and string/marker) and obviously squares/rectangles, but ovals are a bit tricky without a guide.
I guess i was hesitating making one. I envision a 3 d type with alot of scroll work.

May need to revise my vision for the sake of being practical

Registered
I have seen oval mirror frames that might work. As Frankies Girl points out, making your own will provide you the perfect size/shape.
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts