Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hey there kiddies!....long time, no see.....wanted to ask if there would be interest in a project coming out of the laboratory this year?....looking at building a cabinet to do such a job for cheap!........not the prettiest looking device, but it does the job and being black, it is not seen by the viewers......and it will NOT cost $300 to make!.....i will be shooting an image on the front of my porch 138 inches diagonal!......sorry, but when i play, i play for keeps!.....must say been one of the more math intensive projects for the laboratory.....let me know and i may release a few prototype photos for your viewing pleasure.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is my outdoor projector box. Was formerly a 15 inch subwoofer box. Painted with plasti-dip paint to seal it up. Fan in one side for air flow. I get roughly a 600 inch diagonal. This is to fully cover a 2 story home.

image.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my outdoor projector box. Was formerly a 15 inch subwoofer box. Painted with plasti-dip paint to seal it up. Fan in one side for air flow. I get roughly a 600 inch diagonal.

View attachment 220066

......that is very impressive.....staying at 138 for sharpness!....not sure where you are at, but this will be out in about 40 degree weather and it will probably be wet!....we do not have the distance to project that big.......can not afford to suck moisture into the cabinet......condensation is the enemy!.....so far, with testing, it can keep room temp in the cabinet at 58 degrees.....more testing is to come, but it looks good!....i will not show design, but it could be very interesting for the future.....more to come, but here is what you will NOT see in a display test photo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Not exactly sure what you're showing us. Is it a box that holds a projector with a fan? A bit more info would probably help people determine their interest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
......maybe this will clear it up.....this is my weather proof video projector cabinet....custom design with both exhaust and intake fans.....it also has a custom heat exchanger that will heat the intake air before blowing it back into the cabinet....it sits on a garage engineered custom stand that elevates and locks....and to make sure it will not move once setup, it ties down with paracord at the corners to stakes in the ground......also last night, engineered a custom 72" x 119" shower curtain as the projection surface......testing looks great.....getting hard to hide this one from the neighbors!.....halloween can not get here fast enough!...... SAM_3646.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've the idea! I will have 3 projectors in the yard this year and this sounds like a great way to hide them. Will it protect them from rain ? Can the be secured so they are not stolen? What kind of projector are you testing them with, led , dlp, etc.... Their heat signatures would be very different

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.....that is the beauty of this thing.....it is rain proof.....it can be secured and remove the guts every night....back door screws shut.....working with a 3000 lumen led projector....pulls about 105 out of the cabinet on the exhaust side and with an outdoor temp of 56, pulls a comfortable temp of 62 in the cabinet.....exhaust is custom fitted to the exhaust of the projector......projector is tied down in the cabinet at a fixed location......dvd player also fits inside and the only things coming out of the box are the power cord and the sound....thinking about going into the prop business with this one!.....took a few beers and bar napkin blueprints to make this happen.......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.....shooting through 1/4 in glass sealed to the cabinet......with a remote window for complete remote operation.....once it is set up and plugged in, it is completely remotely operated......

Reactions: zombieprincess

·
Registered
127 Posts
What I brilliant idea! Well done. Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna copy the hell out of it��

1 - 10 of 10 Posts