Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a big backyard Halloween party this yr. It just occured to me that there are flies and bees outside! I don't want to have to put a cover on all the dishes. This will take away from the look of the table! Did I make a mistake planning this outside? Any suggestions??

·
Registered
301 Posts
flies/bees

I am in Georgia and by that time of the year, we don't have problems with outdoor insects. It's just a tad bit cold. We hold ours outdoors every year. You can view pics in my albums, if you want.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never know what the weather is going to be around here at that time. I've had several outdoor parties. One yr we were wearing sweatshirts and the next yr the chocolate was melting from my deserts. LOL I really don't recall flies ever being much of an issue but one yr we had issues with bees in and around the punch! Now that I think about it- the party will be in the evening so I won't have much issue with either the heat or insects, will I? I just like to stress over nothing...LOL I love your pictures! Youl do that every year? Lots of fun!!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
You never know what the weather is going to be around here at that time. I've had several outdoor parties. One yr we were wearing sweatshirts and the next yr the chocolate was melting from my deserts. LOL I really don't recall flies ever being much of an issue but one yr we had issues with bees in and around the punch! Now that I think about it- the party will be in the evening so I won't have much issue with either the heat or insects, will I? I just like to stress over nothing...LOL I love your pictures! Youl do that every year? Lots of fun!!
You just have to watch out for those darn mosquitos!
I wouldn't have worried about the flies too much. Gives extra atmosphere to your party haha I put fake flies on some of my food!

MsM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts