Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting the par 38 led blacklight bulbs to use with outdoor staked floodlight fixtures for my FCG.

Then I noticed the par 38 led blacklights on blacklight.com say indoor use only?

I havent seen one in person. But I would have thought they would be sealed. why would they be for indoor use only?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I've made my own UV LED pin-spotlights before, for outdoor use, and they seem to work just fine, so I'm guessing it might be how they have (or haven't) sealed the bulbs.

Chances are you'll need to contact blacklight.com directly for the real reason.

(btw - I just throw a half-dozen super-brite UV LED's together, and wire them to work with my 12v yard lighting...they work great for lighting up small areas)

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you are looking at the incandescent ones - They get really hot when in operation and tend to explode if they get rained or snowed on.

If you are looking at LED ones - it is probably the sealing like Ugly Joe said.

·
Registered
128 Posts
compact outdoor led blacklights

I was thinking of getting the par 38 led blacklight bulbs to use with outdoor staked floodlight fixtures for my FCG.

Then I noticed the par 38 led blacklights on blacklight.com say indoor use only?

I havent seen one in person. But I would have thought they would be sealed. why would they be for indoor use only?

Hi there, if you're still looking for outdoor LED black lights, we have something maybe suiting your purpose:

with our lights you can keep them outdoors in the rain or sun all you want. rated for 25,000 hours. these lights will give a similar output to the Par you were looking at.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can vouch for Minions LED's. I use them, and the UV is quite powerful. I am waiting on a pre-order as we speak, and will probably fill in some holes when I see what I have. As for an automated system, I use Light-o Rama to control mine. Some say LOR is over kill for Halloween control, but when my wife sees me use them twice a year, life is much more pleasant than it could be when my FedEx boxes start showing every couple of days... In Summary, Minions LED's Good, LOR Good, Happy Wife, Priceless.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i dont know if this would be of help to anybody , this is what i use outside with my fcg ....this is a cheap easy way to use those twisted fluo bulbs outside and waterproofing them and they really glow alot... and those type of bulbs (energy savers one) dont heat alot so no worry for the bottle ;)

floodlight fixture , 2 litre bottle with an opening underneat to let the heat out , electric tape

·
Registered
128 Posts
i dont know if this would be of help to anybody , this is what i use outside with my fcg ....this is a cheap easy way to use those twisted fluo bulbs outside and waterproofing them and they really glow alot... and those type of bulbs (energy savers one) dont heat alot so no worry for the bottle ;)

floodlight fixture , 2 litre bottle with an opening underneat to let the heat out , electric tape

one word: awesome!

·
crossfit zombie
7,491 Posts
Hi there, if you're still looking for outdoor LED black lights, we have something maybe suiting your purpose:

with our lights you can keep them outdoors in the rain or sun all you want. rated for 25,000 hours. these lights will give a similar output to the Par you were looking at.
I love the looks of your lights.It looks like after you get them you still have to find a power source.Even tho yours state plug and play I want something ready to go out of the box(except for outlet)do you have anything like that?

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes, here's a link:

http://www.darklightsystem.com/products/PowerPak-Mini.html

It's a simple AC/DC converter that plugs right into your wall ---- you then need to just run some wire from this converter to any of our lights. The little gray terminals you see are snap connectors, you lift the orange tab and slick bare wire in, and then snap the tab back in place for a secure connection.

One of these adapters can power up to 8 of our high power spotlights (the one in the photo above), or up to 50 of the Precision X and Y spotlights.

We sell the power supply separate because most people can find an AC adapter laying around the house from some old electronics they're not using. Just make sure it's 12V output, which is pretty common. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can vouch for Minions LED's. I use them, and the UV is quite powerful. I am waiting on a pre-order as we speak, and will probably fill in some holes when I see what I have. As for an automated system, I use Light-o Rama to control mine. Some say LOR is over kill for Halloween control, but when my wife sees me use them twice a year, life is much more pleasant than it could be when my FedEx boxes start showing every couple of days... In Summary, Minions LED's Good, LOR Good, Happy Wife, Priceless.
I'm an addicted LOR user too :cool: Part of my system gets used year round for landscaping, more of it gets used for Halloween and all of it for Christmas. I have both AC and DC contollers for any kind of lighting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts