Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few weeks I have seen all these great ideas for PVC Candles using tea lights and various other things. This year I really want to hang some candles from a tree in my front yard. I want to make floating candles above the graveyard I am also going to be making. I have just run into a few problems I can't seem to solve.

First, the tea lights only have a battery life of a few hours. I am looking for something I can either control with a remote or put on a timer. I have seen the remote controlled ones on amazon but they still don't have a great battery life.

Secondly is the weatherproof aspect. I can't seem to find anything that will have a decent weatherproof capability so I don't have to worry about occasional rainfall.

If anyone can help me with this, that would be great. any idea would be appreciated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Our solution to floating candles was to buy them for a buck at one of the local dollar stores. They look more like a real taper candle, use 2 AAA batteries for a longer burn time, and are easy to turn on/off with the twist cap on the bottom. I used a Dremel tool to drill a little hole in the fake candle tip and fishing line to suspend from the ceiling.

For outside use, if I was concerned about rain, I'd seal the slight gap between the fake tip and the candle body with silicone. These are heavier than tea light candles in cardboard rolls, so I would think they would move less in the wind (nothing says "I'm tied to a string" more than an object swinging in the wind).

I would love to find an economical way to convert these so they were remote controlled, as it takes 20-30 minutes to turn them all on (we have had about 100 hanging from our ceilings).

HanusHaunt2017-Kitchen-08.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts