Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darrel and I finished our Wolfman tombstone yesterday. It is made from 3 inch thick foam we found at Curbie's. About 2 1/2 feet tall, with a wolf's head that Darrel carved while I was re-mixing the monster mud. No lie, the wolf took less than 10 minutes to make. We used a dremel to carve out the lettering, and an electric knife and sandpaper to shape the stone itself. After watching Terra's tombstone painting tutorial about a dozen times, we started painting it. Then we went wild tea-staining it.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,469 Posts
That's one of the most realisitc looking stones I've ever seen! Great concept and execution!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wolf head was something that Darrel carved out of a scrap piece of foam while I was stirring up the monster mud. It took less than 10 minutes to do, and I didn't even know he was making it until I finished with the mud. I turned around with the bucket of mud in my hand and Darrel was like "Do you think this will look ok on the stone?" I will see if he will make another and let me take pictures while he is making it, or even video it.

Thanks for all of the kind comments, everyone!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Really Love It !!! Graet Verything, Sculpt, Paint. Little hard to see the Super Wolf's head in the grass being it's lower on the stone. More More More

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Niiice!! No kidding, 10 minutes??? Had an artist on your hands and didn't realize it, huh? My guess is he'll be sorry he revealed that side of himself!! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Niiice!! No kidding, 10 minutes??? Had an artist on your hands and didn't realize it, huh? My guess is he'll be sorry he revealed that side of himself!! ;)
Nah, he's been making my masks for a few years now, and this is just one of the first works we collaborated on. We're planning to do a haunt together this year, so we're trying to step things up a notch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The wolf's head is really nice but I think its the head on that stone design that makes it such a great prop. REALLY well done!

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Great job on the wolf. It really looks like a stone I love the shape......nice work!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice work! I would imagine that in real life, people would not take time to give a Wolfman stone very much work, they would just want to burry the BEAST! It's perfect to me. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
19 Participants
Seante
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing