Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,222 Posts
Fabulous set up and lighting and camera work. I’ve never been a fan of beef netting but it sure looks great in your vampire cave garage. I’m sure you had some kids afraid to come up to the house for a closer look LOL.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lighting is awesome. The webbing looks amazing. Love the Halloween 3 trick or treaters. The vampires are very cool. Never see them in any haunts these days.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fabulous set up and lighting and camera work. I’ve never been a fan of beef netting but it sure looks great in your vampire cave garage. I’m sure you had some kids afraid to come up to the house for a closer look LOL.
Thanks :giggle: and yep, there's always a few who don't make it up the driveway. But we did have some go in the garage and have their pics next to the vampires for a little photo op.

Lighting is awesome. The webbing looks amazing. Love the Halloween 3 trick or treaters. The vampires are very cool. Never see them in any haunts these days.
Thank you for the compliments :giggle:

Wish I lived near you. What amazing scenes you created. Loved seeing Jason, Michael Myers and the Scream character. Fantastic.
Thanks :giggle: gotta insert a few slashers in there for sure.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That combo of classic Nosferatu and the Halloween III homage are the perfect subjects to be lighted and webbed in a superbly eerie way! Bravo, sir!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,566 Posts
Once again you've provided this community with some unique ideas. :cool: I already lifted one with your help. :ROFLMAO: I'll post a pic below.

I've been thinking of doing a garage display for 1031 each year, but not sure how to block out the "garage stuff" in the background. You've done it artfully with some kind of screen. Do you have any good pics or materials list of how you accomplished that?

Here's an addition ala Halloween III that I'll be using outside in future years thanks to @Michael__Myers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Once again you've provided this community with some unique ideas. :cool: I already lifted one with your help. :ROFLMAO: I'll post a pic below.

I've been thinking of doing a garage display for 1031 each year, but not sure how to block out the "garage stuff" in the background. You've done it artfully with some kind of screen. Do you have any good pics or materials list of how you accomplished that?

Here's an addition ala Halloween III that I'll be using outside in future years thanks to @Michael__Myers

View attachment 742808
Your H3 kids look good (y)

What I do regarding the garage is putting a few of our bulky items, i.e. bikes, lawn mower under our covered porch in the backyard. I've done 2 methods as far as setting up a plain backdrop to "hide" storage bins, tools etc. I buy several white plastic tablecloths, usually $2 or $3 each. One route I've gone is to actually tape the tablecloths to the garage ceiling and let them hang down. They are approximately 9 feet tall or long, depending on how you wanna view it. To keep them in place from any wind blowing them around, I then tape parts of the bottom of the tablecloths to whatever bins or boxes I have, with those bins/boxes behind my setup. Now for another method, I hung fishing line from one end to the other and just hung each tablecloth on the fishing line, securing them with clothespins. In years past, I've used projections onto those white tablecloths but didn't this year. But by using white ones, the colors will show up better than using black or darker colored tablecloths and also the projections show up better. Hope this info is helpful in trying to make things invisible to others ;) Anything else, just ask (y)

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,566 Posts
[mention]The Joker[/mention]

Are the H3 kids the usual PVC body? What did you use for the hands...wire with gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I give full credit to @Michael__Myers, but I used "softie" child mannequins. I used the same for my "Sam", but the child mannequins have wire in the fingers already. There are actually mannequin hands inside of the gloves. ;)

Reactions: kristinms8

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,566 Posts
Your H3 kids look good (y)

What I do regarding the garage is putting a few of our bulky items, i.e. bikes, lawn mower under our covered porch in the backyard. I've done 2 methods as far as setting up a plain backdrop to "hide" storage bins, tools etc. I buy several white plastic tablecloths, usually $2 or $3 each. One route I've gone is to actually tape the tablecloths to the garage ceiling and let them hang down. They are approximately 9 feet tall or long, depending on how you wanna view it. To keep them in place from any wind blowing them around, I then tape parts of the bottom of the tablecloths to whatever bins or boxes I have, with those bins/boxes behind my setup. Now for another method, I hung fishing line from one end to the other and just hung each tablecloth on the fishing line, securing them with clothespins. In years past, I've used projections onto those white tablecloths but didn't this year. But by using white ones, the colors will show up better than using black or darker colored tablecloths and also the projections show up better. Hope this info is helpful in trying to make things invisible to others ;) Anything else, just ask (y)
Excellent! I like the idea of fishing line, but I feel like that'd be a really heavy load because I'm thinking of using cloth. I may do the same with wall anchors, and rope, or some other kind of strong line. Very good idea indeed! I think I'll start collecting large table clothes over the next several months. I'll figure out the hanging part in the spring. 😁

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Excellent! I like the idea of fishing line, but I feel like that'd be a really heavy load because I'm thinking of using cloth. I may do the same with wall anchors, and rope, or some other kind of strong line. Very good idea indeed! I think I'll start collecting large table clothes over the next several months. I'll figure out the hanging part in the spring. 😁
Using a cloth or bedsheets will definitely add some weight, which is why I use the plastic tablecloths. They are extremely light in weight which helps in securing a line from one side of the garage to the other side. I get em at Party City (y) But there are definitely many different ways to get it done. All just depends on which way you choose :giggle:

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,634 Posts
I've gone back and looked at this a few times. Really nice use of the garage and there's a lot to like here. The vampires are creepy in their own right. Really like the masks you used. The lighting is really well done and there are some fun elements like the skeletons and the TOT kid figures. Just an overall great display. I'm guessing everyone loved it!

Reactions: Michael__Myers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've gone back and looked at this a few times. Really nice use of the garage and there's a lot to like here. The vampires are creepy in their own right. Really like the masks you used. The lighting is really well done and there are some fun elements like the skeletons and the TOT kid figures. Just an overall great display. I'm guessing everyone loved it!

Yea sir, it was all well received :giggle: and thank you very much (y)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts