Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well another Halloween has come and gone (well nearly) I've still got some of the display to pack up that's displayed under cover. But I'm in no rush, I'm so exhausted. This has been a crazy busy year with projects all over the house. I didn't start digging the Halloween bits out until the 20th of October, then it was a mad dash to the line right up to the TOTs arriving.

This was the first year I haven't stressed about completing EVERYTHING on my huge list,normally I end up pulling my hair out. This year I thought, oh well it will wait until next year now. I have added more lighting this year than I have done for many years. Although it was time consuming making up all the LED spots and other lighting fixtures, it was well worth it, it was also the first time I introduced any white light too

I Learn something new every Halloween, of course I still make mistakes, but they are getting less lol.

Got loads of new stuff on my list for next year.

There's not many that go to town on any sort of display at all, so I can call myself THE Halloween house :) I'm guessing we had around 100 TOTs. biggest mistake this year taking my eyes off the candy whilst showing people around. What is it with kids taking a huge bowl of candy in one swoop. :( so the last few TOTS had no candy as I'd already used my emergency stuff.

Next year I'm building a candy stall, and hot drinks for parents like I did this year, so no more stealing candy lol

http://imgbox.com/g/FBHEboa7Yi Daytime photos

http://imgbox.com/g/btCUj0W7Mw Night time and B&W photos

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That's a cracking set-up, and the lighting is great. Lighting is something I've never done properly for our work events - this year we lit the path with led tea-lights in little bags. It's amazing how much a simple lighting addition can lift the atmosphere.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome haunt. The lighting is fantastic. I really like the coffin with the green light inside and the blue light shining on it. Great contrast.
Thanks. It was the first year, I'd experimented with any different lighting. I used to solely rely on red bulbs alone..it was a last minute build on the 30th, using some old wood left over from boarding the windows. had a few LEDs left over so it would have been rude not to use them. may add some arms crashing out of the sides for next year.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a cracking set-up, and the lighting is great. Lighting is something I've never done properly for our work events - this year we lit the path with led tea-lights in little bags. It's amazing how much a simple lighting addition can lift the atmosphere.
Thanks dandyBrit :) I'll second that. I still have a way to go with lighting, but we spend ages building our props etc only for them to blend into the darkness on Halloween. I got loads of inspiration off here for which has helped me no end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts