Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how our skeletal organist turned out. The keys and hands are mechanical and the skull is a 3 axis minus 1. Pieter got rid of the squeaking but it returned the night of the party. But the music covered it up pretty well. Pieter also hit the fog machine while I was making the video...argh!
It was alot of work but he looked fantastic the night of the party. Everyone loved it!

skeletalorganist3.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wow! That was absolutely amazing! You guys did an awesome job! Can't wait to show my hubby...he is going to love it!:)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone :)

A witch from Canada: We made the skull following the 3 axis skull thread posted by HalloweenBob. One of the servo's stopped working so it ended up being a 2 axis skull with jaw movement. There are people on the forum who sell them ready made if you really want one and have the money for it. And their's would even have the third 'nod' motion which ours didn't have.
To be honest, we were a bit suprised that we were able to pull it off lol And afterwards regretted that he only played the organ and didn't have a speaking role. But we are both really bad at voice overs and using one of the english ones just wouldn't work because most of our guests are dutch. Unless of course I can find a way to have him speak english with dutch subtitles haha

MsM

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's great, nice job! ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
You must post pictures of the mechanics of the Organist.. This is something i am plannign for 09 and I am eager to get started on it ..

Pretty please :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
unreal ....i am in awe...i too love the detail of the bat music holder. i think we would all love to see the mechanics (even tho some of us aren't even close to that good).

Thanks for posting this!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Geesh, thanks everyone for the compliments *blushing*

Dark Star: The arms are two pieces of pcv pipe with tie wraps at the elbows and shoulders. They hang loose and move freely. The hands attach to a spoke from a bike and the bike spokes are pushed up and down with a motor and cam construction under the keyboard.

Scottish Scarer: Not in your wildest dreams....and I know you have some pretty wild ones :)

Scream and Doombugy: We already posted the mechanics of how the keys move http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/70480-haunted-organ.html but will take some video or pics of the mechanics that move the hands tomorrow. And I'll strip him and take some pics of his inners :)

MsM

1 - 20 of 37 Posts