Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a daytime video of our electric chair execution. The Halloween night video was way too dark. Looks great in person but for some reason on video everything was darker. Will work on that for next year.

This video was done the day after so some pieces are missing, since they blew off from the shaking. The headpiece and coils to the back of the chair; the lights at the top of the chair and because we took it down already, the emergency style rotating red light that went off.

The chair is made out of 4x4's mainly and the character is newspaper stuffed pants, tomato cage body frame on a pvc pipe spine that was attached to the cylinder. A PicoBoo 104 controlled it all and we activated it from our command station of buttons.

Let me know any suggestions to improve the prop for next year. This year it was a great hit and got so many scares out of it that the audience watching usually laughed and the reactions.

so feel free to suggest anything so we can improve it and use it again next year somehow!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did I post the video correctly?
Over 100 views and no suggestions? I am not that good so the prop cannot be perfect, so I can only assume the video does not show up ???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thankyou Salt.....
it is just an mp4 file.
Will try an AVI file.... I don't use YouTube so cannot add it there, not sure how else to do it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe AVI file will work?
Not sure what I am doing incorrect

Still shows up as a link.

I give up.

A Moderator can delete this thread

·
Registered
268 Posts
HR Nazis. No mp4's allowed without a special code since our corporate training videos are mp4's and viewed streamed from our HQ. They must be skeered that someone wants to watch our pitiful video on a crappy 401k program or something.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
one last video attempt. .......

Maybe Youtube is the only way, which means no videos from me.
Crossing my fingers on this post.

Nope, looks like another video link.

Well you will need to trust me that it is a cool prop :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
one last video attempt. .......

Maybe Youtube is the only way, which means no videos from me.
Crossing my fingers on this post.

Nope, looks like another video link.

Well you will need to trust me that it is a cool prop :)
I'll put it up on youtube if you want, when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finaly have a youtube account. :)
So here is a video of our pneumatic electric chair, the day after Halloween.
The headgear with wires fell off from the thrashing, and the lights on the chair posts as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx!

At night we have red fire truck light above the room; fog coming from under the chair; strobe light going down on chair; and coiled lights on chair posts.

But after a night of use, it all fell off before we were able to see that our Halloween night video were too dark to see :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice movement and sound. I'm assuming that he's being electrocuted through his wrist as most electric chairs have a skull cap with wires attached. That would finish off your prop. Please provide a tutorial for your pneumatics as this is a great prop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts