Halloween Forum banner

241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do you cardboard the eyes and the mouth. I have everything cut out on mine but would like to know how the card boarding was done, any ideas?

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I used Aleens Tacky Glue and simply glued the cardboard in that way. The cardboard was about cereal box thickness, maybe a touch thicker. I cut it in strips, bent it into V shapes and held it on the tooth and traced out the curves, trimmed it, then glued it in. It was tedious and very time consuming. I have yet to do it again, but I have to say that it makes one hell of a difference. It completely sells the idea that the large spherical shape actually has volume to it's shell.

This was a progress pic. You can see the fresh white glue around the teeth. I have to say that Savage using a hot glue gun is a good idea, too, but that tacky glue is also great.

G

·
0 Posts
It does make a huge difference, I'm so not relishing this step for the two I have in the works. I may do something a little different mouthwise to make it simpler and just different.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I have two new pumpkin headed creatures that are being wrapped up right now. I skipped the teeth/eyes step this time. I'm hoping I get away with it. So far they look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i was thinking of useing spray foam and carving the teeth out because i did the cardboard and it take alot of time just an idea !!
How do you cardboard the eyes and the mouth. I have everything cut out on mine but would like to know how the card boarding was done, any ideas?

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I have two new pumpkin headed creatures that are being wrapped up right now. I skipped the teeth/eyes step this time. I'm hoping I get away with it. So far they look pretty good.
So exciting!!

Do I see here and stare at the screen ~ hoping a picture of your new creations appear? Or do I go back outside and work on my display. Hmmmmm I don't want to miss anything!

:D:D:D

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
So exciting!!

Do I see here and stare at the screen ~ hoping a picture of your new creations appear? Or do I go back outside and work on my display. Hmmmmm I don't want to miss anything!

:D:D:D
This is a sneak peak. His hands are now up on the sides of his pumpkin head as if he's in agonizing pain. The skeleton has also be darkened in areas to make the colors match up better. Still need to light his head and add in the eyes. There is another one of these guys as well, with a different face and pose. Also, our three witches are done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I must be crazy trying to make one of these in two weeks... :) spent 5 hours today paper mache'ing the body, but I am quite happy with it. Not quite as perfect as yours, but I am happy for a first attempt, and being in Australia the people around here are easy to please as most houses are not decorated. will post pictures of my 'rot down under' tribute inspired by your wonderful creations when he is done :) thanks again for sharing!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
I'm going to take another run at pumpkin headed monsters this year. Going for something much bigger though, if I can afford it.

241 - 260 of 266 Posts