Halloween Forum banner

221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
its getting about that time to build.... build.... build .......cant wait to see everyones new ideas !!!!!![

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
see thats what i'm talking about i'm not the only one ......man if we could just get are wifes to start working on are props then that would be perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!
Just need to finish bathroom remodel...and building the shed...and........and then I can start on my props :(

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds great bud, I've been thinking about expanding on the witch I made this past year but with swamp foetus and all its getting a little crowded in the coven. I know at some point I'll tackle the sentinel theme again but maybe with a twist to make it more my own. I had been toying around with some twisted land of oz sketches a few years back but then ROT went and made Tin Man which is still one of my favorites. Might make a few witch jars one of these weekends to kinda goad myself into motion.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you so much for documenting your sentinel journey! You are such an inspiration, and pumpkinrot is an amazing artist to mimic... although I think your sentinels have a character of their own. :D I actually just started on my pair last week... i'm at the "turkey on a stick" stage... lol. I also ordered 2 funkins to top mine... i'm not sure I have the time or the patience for the papermache heads, although I've made a couple in the past. I will post pictures as I take them! Thanks again for this step by step journey... it was most helpful!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Very cool! Thanks for the post, you're words are very much appreciated and we are both glad you've found areas that have helped you. I won't lie, we are debating going with funkins for this years project. I'd love to see yours when you get close!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Thanks!

It's about time to resurrect those bad boys and re-purpose them for this year. I'm planning on picking them up from their resting place tonight.

G

·
0 Posts
Started work this week on "weeds", a sentinal coming out of the ground sort of thing, sticking with the tried and true mache heads but with a twist, changing things up some to make it more my own. Going full speed ahead with winged witch devil sort of thing, as well as "pumpkin king". "Repurpasing" last years punkinheads somewhat too myself, new paint, adjusting arms on one, repaint, reseal. Getting the itch. Have fun!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those are truely amazing! And, although I understand that you're taking a page from pumpkinrot, it still takes an artist to copy one, so Bravo! It makes me wonder about how many hours of work you and your wife put into these?

221 - 240 of 266 Posts