Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, first timer on the forum, but We've been haunting seriously since 2001. I'm attaching a link to a quick video highlighting this year's Hallween display.
PS. We are in Calgary, Canada...

Actually, look to the next post for the video and still photo links...

Cheers!

John

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hi John , welcome to the forum , nice to see another fellow Canadian :) if you hang out here 365 days a year you'll get hooked ,meet awsome peoples , and get tons of help and ideas .

your haunt looks really cool , my favorite is the werewolf .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your kind remarks, and for the warm welcome. The werewolf started life as a robotic chimpanzee head that I hacked into its present state. Sadly the main body movement, sort of an oscillating fan back and forth, died on me Halloween morn, and I didnt have time to fix it. But the rest of the facial movements worked, thankfully. The real hit of the night was the Gemmy animated Witch (from Shoppers Drug Mart). She came with a wireless mic, so you could talk through her speaker, and she would lip sync to your speech. We had sooo much fun with that.!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is so funny that you should ask that, I was thinking about doing that the day before Hallowe'en, but i had no time to work on it...all i had to do is drilla couple more holes and add 2 pulleys. Next year for sure!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
That's amazing stuff, John. Love all the movement - that's something we really need to work on too.
I saw the stirring witch at Shoppers but never saw one out of the box. I didn't realize it was that cool.

Great job. We'll definitely check out your haunt next year.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
What a great haunt!! Thanks for sharing the video and pics. That werewolf is AMAZING!!! I love the sound effects that went with him. And the witch was very cool, I could see myself manning that thing all night, what fun it would be to make her talk to people. Also like the fire under her cauldron, very realistic. And whoever played the devil did a GREAT job. Thanks for posting!! And welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome haunt. I also enjoyed all the movement your props had. The lighting, sounds and movement together worked out nicely!
Great job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts