Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've gotten a lot of work done on the basic constructions and I just wanted to share an update.

The front yard is just beginning to take shape. It's a soft haunt for the really little kids. It will be a soft haunted Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin patch scene. Our Airblown Castle will be in our neighbors driveway on the right. It has three entries. the one in the front will be the enterence and then the two exits...one will lead to the soft haunt in front and the other will lead to the hard core backyard haunt. On the left of the yard in our driveway (not shown) will be the Airblown Haunted House and it also has three entries. The kiddies enter from the side of the front yard and the hard core haunt victims will enter from the back. This will house our candy and give-aways (and our Book of Souls for people to sign and comment in).

When the older kids enter the haunt walkthrough, this is the path that they will take. Those are $1 tin lanterns painted black glued on painted PVC ziptied to the fence. We'll have flickering tealight candles in them. We'll be putting up scene setters on the house siding and probably something spooky in the windows (they'll pass by 4 windows along this path. Up ahead is the enterence to the Spider Room.

Here is the Spider Room. It's 10x10. I know it's not very sexy but it's quite effective and no one will see the outside of it on the big night.

This shot is looking back over your shoulder behind you of the path (Spider Room at upper right and Camp Crystal Lake on the left). A live actor will be playing Jason and will spook them AFTER they realize that the animatronic is just an animatronic hehehe.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turning back around on the path and looking forward is the Cemetery enterence gate and sign. We have a scene setter facade that will cover the front of the yard building to make it look like a cabin in the Camp Crystle Lake scene. We're hoping that they will be afraid that something will pop out of the door but it won't. And just as they pass that and feel relieved, they'll set off a motion detector that will sound with LOUD thunder and lightning. That will be the cue for our live zombies to hit the graveyard cd players.

Then they enter the graveyard. You can see the stakes waiting to be skinned with 4mil black plastic. This will majorly cut down light, wind and the view from the side street. With our setup, we hoping to have almost complete control of atmosphere in here (lighting and fog). You can also see the Exorcist Room at the back of the graveyard. That will be hidden behind a wall when we're done.

Just a couple long shots looking back on the Graveyard to give a sense of scale. Our Graveyard alone is larger than our front yard which we've haunted for years. Our zombies are going to have a BLAST! Hubby keeps looking at it and crying "We need more tombstones! We need more tombstones!" LOL

There's still a lot more too add and work on (Freddy's Boiler Room, the Hell Pit, the Exorcist room, The Demon Hatchery, The Hellbillys, ect) but that's where we're at for now.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
You have a beautiful yard for a Halloween setup Cassie...so far everything looks great! I'd someday hope to get a crowd big enough to have a walkthrough haunt. My yard is just under 3/4 of an acre, and I would love to use my backyard.

I'd love to see your boiler room setup too... as I'm a big Freddy fan.

Keep up the good work and hope to see more pics soon!!

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
That's looking really great Cassie! I'd would be sooo excited if I were you - being able to get things set up already... nice job and can't wait for some more pics!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody. I was a little intimidated when we made the decision to move to the back yard because it is so big and you have to worry about flow and corralling the victims as they move through . And of course, about safety. But we began planning and buying early (Nov 1, 2007 LOL). It looks like we're gonna actually pull it off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts