Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our party them this year was the 50th showing of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." The front of the invitation was 2 classic Peanuts Halloween strips. The interior featured a strip with the dialog substituted with information about our party.

Invite_ext_sm.jpg

Invite_Int_Sm.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Our party them this year was the 50th showing of "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." The front of the invitation was 2 classic Peanuts Halloween strips. The interior featured a strip with the dialog substituted with information about our party.

View attachment 268792

View attachment 268793

how did you make the strip to fit your needs? I'm doing a charlie brown pumpkin patch next year .. TIA

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,482 Posts
I freaking love this. So wonderful and I loveloveLOVE the costumes - both of them (that is awesome!!!!)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Great presentation! The cutouts, very well done. We have very similar plywood cutouts, and this year we used them ACROSS THE STREET at the home of an older lady who doesn't decorate! My wife's idea, everybody loved it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments!

Always Wicked - The magic of Photoshop! I blanked out the original dialog, then found the font "peanuts" online.The peanuts font kept messing up numbers so I had to use Comic Sans for them. Just filled in the type in the appropriate voice balloons.

Frankie Girl - my wife made her costume and it really turned out cute! I made her witch mask out of paper mache. She found the yellow polo shirt at a local thrift store & I painted it, talk about easy costumes to wear for the party. We didn't put on our "Halloween costumes" until the costume contest. Our guests aren't allowed to vote for us, but they got a big kick out of our "costumes".

Thanks Wolf Man - and that is a great idea, sharing the peanuts decorations. These figures were all done on masonite, primed on both sides and edges to combat moisture.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the nice comments and "likes". This was probably one of our favorite themes to do. Plus, we have a lot of Peanuts items, books and decorations not in the pictures that we were able to put out to add to the decor.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Fennyann.

I've been meaning to post this pic for awhile. We included the following in the goody bag we distributed to all of our guests. We got a good response from it, and still see them at friend's houses and offices! Simply laid out, printed and cut 3 3/4 by 3" blocks and hotglued the rubble stones to them.

image.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts