Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our EPIC Florida 2015 Halloween Display With Projection, led lighting & so much more

This was by far the BUSIEST year yet. Our new neighborhood is one of the largest Halloween destinations in Citrus county.
It took 2 weeks of work but we finally did it! A few glitches throughout the night but we made it work.

Sadly another projector started getting bad pixels. But we can still deal with it for now.
I can honestly say the uv led spotlights made a HUGE difference. I will not be using blacklights anymore now that I see the result of buying the uv led's. We used 6 of the 7 watt uv leds and when you see how bright the night time video is on the fluorescent things you will understand why I stand behind promoting those. I had to wait 2 weeks for them to come from china but there are well worth it since I could not find an ebay seller in usa with them just yet.

This was our first year at the new house and I am BLOWN AWAY by how many people we had. Just the treat bags alone we gave out 380!
Well worth it and we met so many of our neighbors. This was the first year our kids could enjoy a REAL Halloween like I use to as a kid. It was by far the best one yet.

We used the red green stage lasers in 4 big trees, the 16 color changing led spotlights on ebay for atmosphere effects ($5 each on ebay)
There was a lot of different thing but the videos speak for themselves. The videos are in order of daylight videos then the best one is at night! I'm saving the best one for last since it shows all the lighting in great detail.....

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!

Second one

And of coarse, the best for last..........

Full Lighting At Night

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears there is a hiccup with tags. It tried to put 20 in automatically. I keep deleting them but then it finally went through. Not sure what happened but I did not add but 5. Everytime I tried it still kept auto adding them. Hope it was just a hiccup and wont effect the post.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow you have an amazing haunt! This year has been lean here in Hillsborough County for houses and neighborhoods actually decorating. I wish I could have made it up to see yours!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Love the Witch video and the moving planchette ouija board...yer gonna haff to share how you did that one!
Check out DaveInTheGrave on here. I bought that Ouija board prop from him 3 years ago and it is still going strong. I was too lazy to build my own but he does have a tutorial on here showing how to make one.
I am just not that into the mechanics of things so I just bought one from him and let him do the work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even a single decoration makes people happy and that is what matters most.
I just like to go big and better than the year before. But it is starting to get expensive lol...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Love the Witch video and the moving planchette ouija board...yer gonna haff to share how you did that one!
The videos I got from Atmosfx online. I downloaded a few different ones digitally. The whole discs are expensive but the individual scenes are only $9 each so I grabbed the ones that came with the most scenes for $9 and made a loop on the laptop.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How was the weather up there for you guys? It was incredibly hot and sticky down in Tampa, like dogdays-of-summer hot. So gross for hanging out outside, and the mosquitos were out in full force. The only thing that would have made it worse (and which we didn't get, thank goodness) was rain. I wanted to stay out on the porch and scare all the TOTs but it was just too damn hot!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How was the weather up there for you guys? It was incredibly hot and sticky down in Tampa, like dogdays-of-summer hot. So gross for hanging out outside, and the mosquitos were out in full force. The only thing that would have made it worse (and which we didn't get, thank goodness) was rain. I wanted to stay out on the porch and scare all the TOTs but it was just too damn hot!
It was hot to me about 85 during the day but at night around 78. We needed a fan behind us until 8pm Then it cooled off to 72.
The humidity was 60% all day so it was rough. Not like last year. It was 70 at 5pm last year. Felt real nice. We fogged the heck out of our entire neighborhood so the mosquitoes were not bad. We have a lake right in front of us. I expected it to be bad but it wasn't bad at all.

It got nice enough for us to tear everything down at 10pm then got done at 12. We were going to start doing the roof for Christmas but it is just too hot today as well.
So we have to wait until Next Saturday since they are calling for lows in the low 60's and a high of 78 on Sunday.

That worked out perfectly since Disney's Hollywood studios is having the last year of the Osborne Spectacle of Lights.
It starts November 6th so it will set the mood for us to have Christmas up and ready by Thanksgiving night :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
That's a fantastic looking yard haunt, spooktacular! I loved the videos. Your yard is so big, but you can somehow manage to fill it with amazing looking props.

Really nice job! I'm glad it paid off with the large number of TOTs.

I'm glad to see the Ouija board is still going strong. It still looks cool in front of the laser vortex. And I still love the lasers in the trees. (How do you keep the kids from messing with them?)

Congratulations on a successful haunt!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a fantastic looking yard haunt, spooktacular! I loved the videos. Your yard is so big, but you can somehow manage to fill it with amazing looking props.

Really nice job! I'm glad it paid off with the large number of TOTs.

I'm glad to see the Ouija board is still going strong. It still looks cool in front of the laser vortex. And I still love the lasers in the trees. (How do you keep the kids from messing with them?)

Congratulations on a successful haunt!
We actually got smart and put a few 12 foot 2x4's in the ground about 4 feet. This makes a great boost to mount the lighting for in the air where it's not in eyes or within reach..
It's far above everyones heads. If you look in this video, it will show the early stages which aloso show the 2x4's painted black in several places and the mounted clamp lights in the air. The lasers are on top of the T form I built on top and this keeps it out of view. Of coarse it still gives you the thanks you deserve with a shout out in the video :)

I am sure I will have to get more props next year. This was VERY popular so we have to outdo it next year. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way, They have a weather proof version now at home depot. It's called Star Gazer or something like that for the red and green lasers. Havent seen them personally out of box but I saw they sell them. Maybe I should have patented that idea 4 years ago lol. Now they are $40 a piece at home depot for a prop I made for the past 4 years for $15 each on ebay LOL

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
OK. Thanks for the tip on the 2 x 4s. That helps me out a lot and I still have the laser I ordered last year.
I forgot to thank you for the shout-out on the Ouija board.
And I know what you mean--I always think people expect more, year after year.

Congrats again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts