Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
thanks Cassie7 I'll check the ones in Sevierville and West K Town Monday.
I got a great coupon for Micheals today and the one in Knoxville has Halloween stuff already too.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I have already bought the new 2009 pumpkin masters books from michaels and some skeletons too. I am sooooo excited to see it coming.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got a whole bunch of the orange led string lights for 6 bucks each here in Austin TX. They had some pretty cool looking plastic skulls (3) on stakes for the driveway that their eyes blink and they make a howling sound when activated they were 15 bucks. They also had some nice looking plastic pumpkins that light up for 9 bucks.

On a related note I want to get a bunch of purple led string lights but they didn't have any. Does anyone know of a good source for them either local or online? I'm just looking for the strings of 50 purple led I believe the style is called "polka dot" but I'm not exactly sure.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,771 Posts
Nothing at our Big Lots yet. They had some decent stuff last year. My favorite part was the after Halloween sale. At first 50% off. Then 75% and then 90%. I got $50 worth of stuff for $5. It was pretty picked over by then, but there were some good pieces left.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I just got a whole bunch of the orange led string lights for 6 bucks each here in Austin TX. They had some pretty cool looking plastic skulls (3) on stakes for the driveway that their eyes blink and they make a howling sound when activated they were 15 bucks. They also had some nice looking plastic pumpkins that light up for 9 bucks.

On a related note I want to get a bunch of purple led string lights but they didn't have any. Does anyone know of a good source for them either local or online? I'm just looking for the strings of 50 purple led I believe the style is called "polka dot" but I'm not exactly sure.
check Michaels for the LEDs. Not sure if they have what you want though. I bought a couple packs of Orange LEDs there that I'm going to try to use on my fake flames..

Another light source is usually Walmart...although I don't know if they'll be carrying LEDs

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts

I'm going to grab a box of those 3 skulls....and hack them to see if I can use them on a couple shiatsu massager props

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Scatterbrains I'll keep an eye on Michaels. I got a bunch of blue led's at Wallyworld last year after Christmas (for Christmas this year). I'm hoping they will have a wide variety of colors this year.

I might get some of those 3 skull driveway markers too. For $15 they look pretty good (for plastic skulls) so basically $5 a piece even if you want to use them for something else.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I could have sworn seeing purple lights at Target last year. Though looking at their website they show that they will have them soon, according to this. But as most things are at Target, they are priced pretty steeply when compared to other budget retailers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nothing at our Big Lots yet. They had some decent stuff last year. My favorite part was the after Halloween sale. At first 50% off. Then 75% and then 90%. I got $50 worth of stuff for $5. It was pretty picked over by then, but there were some good pieces left.
I was looking for them in stores last year and couldnt find them anywhere. I found some on Ebay but didnt want to pay shipping. It would have put them over budget

1 - 20 of 60 Posts