Halloween Forum banner

Our 2019 Halloween walk through and elevator simulator

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  TerriG 
#1 ·
#4 ·
OMG. I mean... OMG.

I watched it and the elevator part in the beginning I was like "really cool but it's too bad it doesn't move..." and then seeing that it DOES move as you have the whole floor on a hydralic/compressor operated platform and it just didn't translate to where i could tell that in the video) is AMAZING.

The rest of the display/yard/haunt is just fantastic, but I really, really REALLY love the elevator because you just don't see stuff like this in a home haunt and this is the type of thing that kids will remember forever - fan-freaking-tastic haunt there.

#6 ·
OMG. I mean... OMG.

I watched it and the elevator part in the beginning I was like "really cool but it's too bad it doesn't move..." and then seeing that it DOES move as you have the whole floor on a hydralic/compressor operated platform and it just didn't translate to where i could tell that in the video) is AMAZING.

The rest of the display/yard/haunt is just fantastic, but I really, really REALLY love the elevator because you just don't see stuff like this in a home haunt and this is the type of thing that kids will remember forever - fan-freaking-tastic haunt there.

Thank you

#8 ·
I have seen a few elevator haunt scenes before with side video that shows an elevator rising and then falling (always a cool effect) but don't recall any that inflated to lift the elevator up. Pretty outragous build...looking for a job at Otis??LOL Seriously this was amazing. Your son Zak did a fabulous job with painting the facade work. I loved the elevator look and even noticed the floor of it. Lots of detail work. Did people realize it actually moved up and down? The effect must have been scary to experience standing up in there.

#9 ·
Nice haunt, the elevator is great, nice attention to detail on the interior of it.

There is a guy in Aus who has an elevator in his haunt that also rises and falls. I was lucky to get a walkthrough and go for a ride in the elevator. I don't think it rises as high as yours @kenkozpgh but the drop at the end was still quite effective.

#15 ·
Hi @kenkozpgh!

I am looking into building an elevator like yours. I don't suppose you have a parts list, or any advice or learnings from your build that you could share with me? I'd love to know what air bags you used, where you got them, any advice with the connections or controller, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
I just read all the comments on YouTube and you answered most of my questions. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.