Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics of our yard haunt from 2018. Had a lot of fun with this theme. I didn't have the chance to display the Wasp props I got from Nevermore Productions, but those will be setup this year. Also the last 3 pics was taken a week before we setup the awesome sewer facade from Nevermore Productions.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
OMG I'd double, triple Killer your photo post if I could! I was thinking this was a commercial shoot and then saw it was outside your home. Small space but big effect. I bought that gigantic spider from HD last year so have an idea of the scale of your display and all I can say is amazing! All kinds of things to give you nightmares and the creeps. Love it.

A few questions. So how tall was that giant spider guy to the left of the HD sewer spider? The Nevermore sewer facade, ultra cool and really added a lot to the scene. Nice lighting setup with all the cobwebs. So how many kids did you have last year? Were you serving treats from your porch? Were those creepy cockroaches under the one creature's body? ...nice! Could have done a prize to guess how many were there LOL. I'm curious what you used and how many if you know. That big guy is really wicked. Since much looks set up on concrete curious how you kept everything secure in place. Thanks for the morning surprise. Glad I opened your thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. The Giant King Creeper animated prop is made by Unit 70, he stands at 10 ft tall and weighs around 700 lbs. The giant cockroach is around 7.5 feet tall and weighs around 100 lbs this was also made by Unit 70. The roaches underneath the giant cockroach was made using 800 plastic roaches from Amazon. I made a base for them and hot glued each roach as well as added a coat of Wet paint from fright props.The monster on the facade with the bloody mouth is a prop called Dr. Mandible also by Unit 70. There are 3 large posable spiders and one large animated spider which was added later on, all made by Nevermore Productions as well as the sewer facade. We had a little over 2000 trick or treaters and they all got a treat bag containing a pack of famous Amos cookies, 1 Kool aid jammer juice pouch, 1 full size candy bar, 1 bag of chips and 2 blow pops. We hand out the treat bags from the yard over the gate where I usually stand. We usually give out led wrist bands, necklaces, rings etc at night. I also had 4 large wasps props, 2 static wasps, 1 animated wasp and a huge static wasp nest from Nevermore productions that I've never got the chance to setup. Here's a couple pics of the Wasps props, giant animated spider, giant cockroach and a short vid of the King Creeper animated prop.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. The Giant King Creeper animated prop is made by Unit 70, he stands at 10 ft tall and weighs around 700 lbs. The giant cockroach is around 7.5 feet tall and weighs around 100 lbs this was also made by Unit 70. The roaches underneath the giant cockroach was made using 800 plastic roaches from Amazon. I made a base for them and hot glued each roach as well as added a coat of Wet paint from fright props.The monster on the facade with the bloody mouth is a prop called Dr. Mandible also by Unit 70. There are 3 large posable spiders and one large animated spider which was added later on, all made by Nevermore Productions as well as the sewer facade. We had a little over 2000 trick or treaters and they all got a treat bag containing a pack of famous Amos cookies, 1 Kool aid jammer juice pouch, 1 full size candy bar, 1 bag of chips and 2 blow pops. We hand out the treat bags from the yard over the gate where I usually stand. We usually give out led wrist bands, necklaces, rings etc at night. I also had 4 large wasps props, 2 static wasps, 1 animated wasp and a huge static wasp nest from Nevermore productions that I've never got the chance to setup. Here's a couple pics of the Wasps props, giant animated spider, giant cockroach and a short vid of the King Creeper animated prop.

Well you certainly go above and beyond in your set up and with a 700 lb. prop no worries I guess for the kids to try to steal him (although I bet they wish they could LOL). Can't imagine what first time people to your NYC neighborhood say when they turn the corner. So unexpected to see something of that caliber in a local setting. How do your neighbors react to your displays; no doubt your haunt attracts a ton of traffic to the area as indicated by the handout count. I know others on here have had neighbor issues due to traffic. I've seen a few members from tightly spaced home neighborhoods post their haunts on here and it's so cool to see people go all out with such limited space and show what can be done with the space.

Thanks for the roach info! I find them very creepy. That looked wicked I have to say. Now that's one project I could do although I'm shy of a few cockroaches ;). What temp setting on the hot glue gun did you use? The wet paint addition is something I'll look into.

Been enjoying your videos under Prop section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After checking out some of your props on the Unit 70 site, I have come to the conclusion that you are a retired tech guru who sold your company for billions! You clearly own a warehouse to store these props and no doubt your house is used only for decorating at Halloween and sits vacant the rest of the year, unless you also decorate for other holidays. Whatever the reality, I, and clearly others as well, appreciate your efforts. It gives us something to which to aspire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts