Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,677 Posts
Most excellent! A great display. The video shows throngs of happy TOT's and that IS the story! Great props, lighting, sound. Just fantastic!

·
Disney Inspired
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BRAVO, Savage!!! It was like a mini version of Disneyland:D
Beautiful job on the lighting, as well!!!!!!!
Thanks Punkineater! Every year I focus on adding one big impact item. This year I built all of my own LED lighting. The blue and the green lights in the foreground of the house are 1W Star LED's with housings made from PVC. The floods that are on the house were made from 10W RGB LED's. That setup used a Raspberry Pi and a San Devices lighting controller and the sequence was designed using Vixen3 software. Can't wait to add to these for next year!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Thanks Punkineater! Every year I focus on adding one big impact item. This year I built all of my own LED lighting. The blue and the green lights in the foreground of the house are 1W Star LED's with housings made from PVC. The floods that are on the house were made from 10W RGB LED's. That setup used a Raspberry Pi and a San Devices lighting controller and the sequence was designed using Vixen3 software. Can't wait to add to these for next year!
Brilliant job. You lost me at the "This year I built all of my own LED lighting"-haha. If I can't just plug it in, it ain't happening here;) I certainly admire the know-how though! Just noticed you're in SD...might just have to pop down there next year(2 of my sons live down there) and check out your digs:D

·
Disney Inspired
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brilliant job. You lost me at the "This year I built all of my own LED lighting"-haha. If I can't just plug it in, it ain't happening here;) I certainly admire the know-how though! Just noticed you're in SD...might just have to pop down there next year(2 of my sons live down there) and check out your digs:D
Yes! Please do come down!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,463 Posts
That's a really fantastic looking set-up, Savage! Great job on the lighting and I love the Jack Skellington behind the tombstone.
And you made some awesome LED lights, that's for sure.

What did you videotape that with? The movement of the camera looked like a steadycam to me. I don't think you need to spend the money on professional. :)

·
Disney Inspired
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a really fantastic looking set-up, Savage! Great job on the lighting and I love the Jack Skellington behind the tombstone.
And you made some awesome LED lights, that's for sure.

What did you videotape that with? The movement of the camera looked like a steadycam to me. I don't think you need to spend the money on professional. :)
Thanks Dave! It was filmed with a Nikon 7100 SLR Camera. Unfortunately, my first attempt using it was on Halloween. I should have tested it before hand to get used to it. Rookie mistake!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts