Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Holy mother of God! I've never seen anything like that. It's stunning and the detail is nothing short of perfect!
I am blown away by your display, and I am sooo borrowing the rats on a spit idea!
Gorgeous on every level!

·
-:- Hi-Rez Designs -:-
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the nice comments ... our neighbors were pretty shocked too. Last year we only did the inside of our atrium (a 30x30 foot garden) and only had 26 people show up.

This year we decided to do a big cemetery and we had over 750 people show up (1/2 of them were adults with no kids with them).

We actually had to "borrow" some electricity from the next door neighbor, who was very happy to oblige so we didn't overload our fuse box.

:)

Will post the video later this week.

-

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
That is absolutely fantastic! Better than most professional set-ups I've seen. Oh, if I only had time and a big budget. How did you make the caretaker? He looks amazing!

·
-:- Hi-Rez Designs -:-
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Head and hands are from "Ghost Ride". Hat, scarf, shirt, jacket and shoes from Goodwill and the body is made like this: http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=15432

There is a wiper motor from "MonsterGuts" inside his chest that SLOWLY turns his head from side to side.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh, wow, that is beautiful. That looks so good.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
WoW! You have quite an eye for staging. There's a lot going on in each scene and normally I would find that distracting in a way but you've put it all together so beautifully that it really looks cohesive and absolutely stunning, especially with the staging of your lights.

I had to laugh when I read your comment on attendance. I guess Build it and they will come does really happen. You animation of the pirate scene was outstanding.

The Caretaker looked great out there. I hadn't realized that he was animated too. I liked that white owl up in the tree looking down--again you just kept expanding one's view. Did the skeletons on the teeter-totter actually go up and down? Since Terra's Beloved tombstone I kind of always expect to see a lady lying across it, but yours was equally as elegant with all of the roses. Nice rework of the idea.

I always enjoy looking at everyone's pics and find it fun to see items that I also have and see how they've been used. Noticed a few different things I have. BTW curious whether you just used the Sam's Club Busts as statutes or whether you had them animated as well?

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Holy moly and where are you exactly? That looks absolutely incredible and I'd love to add you to our "haunt tour" schedule for next year. You should list your haunt on www.hollywoodgothique.com. I'm sure they would love it. Email [email protected] - it's a great go-to source for California haunt listings, if you're interested.

I'm going to have to go back over your videos again - that really is beautiful!!! I bow down.....

1 - 20 of 117 Posts