Halloween Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was going to make one the other year though when it came down to finding the correct font to use for it, the name of the font (Captain Howdy), sounded awfully familiar so I did a google search for it. Now instead of an ouija board, I have a nice cutting board for my veg.
Yeah. Just googled Captain Howdy. I would've turned it into a cutting board, too! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Back in the mid '70's when I was maybe twelve or thirteen the family went to visit relatives. My brother and I and five cousins were in a back bedroom while the adults were in the living room talking. Well a Ouija board was brought out while the four older kids played as I and the other younger ones watched. My mom tells me now that all the kids came running out of the bedroom screaming with me following dazed with blood running out of my nose. I have no recollection of anything after the board was brought out. The family has to tell me about it to this day.
Those relatives had issues in that house with moving furniture/objects (which they attributed to "angels" since they were Pentecostals.
After thirty or more years living in another state I came back to visit and inquired about that 'huanted' house my cousins lived in and she told me that it has been sold a number of times but the owners only live there for a couple of years then move: coincidence? people changing jobs and moving? people hating the summer heat? who knows. My relatives moved out of it but stayed in the same area so they kept tabs on the house.
I so want to visit the house again (and I now only live about two-ish hours away from it). Rent it for a weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Back in the mid '70's when I was maybe twelve or thirteen the family went to visit relatives. My brother and I and five cousins were in a back bedroom while the adults were in the living room talking. Well a Ouija board was brought out while the four older kids played as I and the other younger ones watched. My mom tells me now that all the kids came running out of the bedroom screaming with me following dazed with blood running out of my nose. I have no recollection of anything after the board was brought out. The family has to tell me about it to this day.
Those relatives had issues in that house with moving furniture/objects (which they attributed to "angels" since they were Pentecostals.
After thirty or more years living in another state I came back to visit and inquired about that 'haunted' house my cousins lived in and she told me that it has been sold a number of times but the owners only live there for a couple of years then move: coincidence? people changing jobs and moving? people hating the summer heat? who knows. My relatives moved out of it but stayed in the same area so they kept tabs on the house.
I so want to visit the house again (and I now only live about two-ish hours away from it). Rent it for a weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
After thirty or more years living in another state I came back to visit and inquired about that 'haunted' house my cousins lived in and she told me that it has been sold a number of times but the owners only live there for a couple of years then move: coincidence? people changing jobs and moving? people hating the summer heat? who knows. My relatives moved out of it but stayed in the same area so they kept tabs on the house.
That is interesting that the Pentecostals attributed the activity to "angels." Sounds like a poltergeist occurrence to me. I've always found it strange that the Pentecostals have many paranormal experiences among their believers, and attribute it to the "Holy Ghost" or as you said "angels." I think that many people attracted to that religion have psychic ability or they tend to be a radar for paranormal phenomena, and mistaken them for holy events. For example, speaking in tongues. I would attribute that to channeling a spirit (if authentic), not the Holy Ghost. To me it's all the same. You can slap a label on it according to your beliefs, but it is what it is. A ouija board will attract scary phenomena, as it tends to attract lower vibrational spirits. But kids don't know that, and I wouldn't have known it either. Sounds like a frightening experience. We used to have seances in the basement of a house I lived in as a child because we had paranormal activity there. I'm tending to think that was a poltergeist as well. Don't remember what came out of the seances as I was very young but needless to say that was a very haunted house. Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kinda funny. I started reading this thread and was thinking I should get my board out and try it. Have had a for a few years and still haven't tried it. By the time I was done reading this thread I'm not so sure I want to now. =)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts