Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,i would like to ask if you have ever had weird things happening using a ouija board,ive used one several times with my mates when we where teenagers but nothing seemed to happen..how about you guys,i would love to hear your stories...:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a pendulum board, which pretty much serves the same purpose. The only difference is that (obviously) you use a pendulum instead of a planchette. I did make contact with the other side once, but I'd rather keep the details private. I will say that it was a positive experience. :)

Little tidbit of information - It's best to cleanse your space (via smudging or whatever method you prefer) and set up a protective prayer before using a spirit board to avoid attracting negative entities. :3 So don't treat it like a joke or play around with the occult while drunk! That's how you end up with all sorts of nasties following you around.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a pendulum board, which pretty much serves the same purpose. The only difference is that (obviously) you use a pendulum instead of a planchette. I did make contact with the other side once, but I'd rather keep the details private. I will say that it was a positive experience. :)

Little tidbit of information - It's best to cleanse your space (via smudging or whatever method you prefer) and set up a protective prayer before using a spirit board to avoid attracting negative entities. :3 So don't treat it like a joke or play around with the occult while drunk! That's how you end up with all sorts of nasties following you around.
very interesting wwj,yup we did try doing the ouija board when we were drunk,foolish i know but we didn"t know any better at the time..we done our ouiga board stuff in cemeteries,no way would i ever touch one now...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
We rigged up a Ouiga Board for one of our Halloween parties. I glued rare earth magnets to the bottom of the board with the + and - polarities varied. I then glued rare earth magnets to the three sliding feet of the planchette. I lust left the board out in case people would mess with it. I was pleased that many folks tried it and were startled by unexpected movement caused by the magnets. When opposing polarities met, the planchette would flip up and over. If it got near an attracting polarity, the planchette would jump to that area.

People had fun when the planchette would seem to move on its own or flip up in the air. At one point, a friend, who was very religious, asked about the board. He said he was scared of them and was told growing up to never touch them. I convinced him to push the planchette and he did. At that very moment, the shelf supports in our kitchen cabinet right behind us gave way. Two shelves full of glassware and stemware were smashed and broken glass flew out of the now open cabinet door. My friend turned stark white and excused himself. He left the party right away. We never had any other issues as result of what I sure hope was only a coincidence.

Eric

·
Registered
133 Posts
My friend and I used to play it for awhile in highschool until we got so scared we never played it again. Whatever we spoke with started to play tricks on us and it got pretty bad. I tried it once recently but we too nervous to really get into it.
My aunt told of stories of noises in her closet where she stored her Ouija.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Milton-Bradly Factory where these Ouija boards are made must be the most haunted place on earth! Sorry. I think Ouija boards are a load of B.S.
I don't believe it's the board itself, just as it's not the watch on a chain that actually hypnotizes you. I believe it's a tool that can make people more open and receptive, and as they say, when you open a door you don't know what will come through.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Once my older sister told me that a friend of hers & her sister (you can see where this is going) burned a Ouija in their backyard because it spelled out the name of ancient demon. I guess they had an "Encyclopedia Of Ancient Demons" handy. Anyway, she was told the board "screamed" and let off a green smoke as it burned. Of course I believed it. :)

You have to remember this was 1978. A mere 5 years after The Exorcist, she was 16 or so, and I was a very gullible 10.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I have one that I use with my pendulum, although it's not a true pendulum board. It's not set up the way a general Ouija is, so the "yes" and "no" are on opposing corners, which makes it possible to use a pendulum. I don't like the planchette that came with it. I've never had anything bad happen with it, but my sister swears that she spoke with a psychic, who told her that I've contacted evil spirits with it, who claim to be my deceased father. I don't believe that for a second. Her pet psychics always seem to think I'm evil. ;)

I have heard board burning stories too; as a child in the 70's. My cousins said that their friends had a home-made Ouija that had been in their family for awhile. Said it was saying terrible things to them, so they tried to burn it in a ditch, and only the outside edges would burn, and that two of the friends were in a car accident shortly afterwards. I don't believe that either.

Funny about the green smoke in the other story though--that must be a basic tenet of "evil" stories. There was a creepy needlepoint left in our house when we bought it in 1977, and it always creeped both my sister and me out. I went to move it to a different spot in the attic one day, to reach what was behind it, and i felt really nauseous. Granted, it was hot in the attic. I put it back and left. Then months later she and I were talking about the attic, and I told her what happened. She freaked out and said that the same thing happened to her. So, after our dad died, and our mom had to move out of the big old house into an apt., we had paranormal investigators come in (numerous things happened in the house), and one of them said that the needlepoint disturbed them, too. Fast forward a couple more years, to my sister remarrying, and her husband picked it up and declared that it was evil...so he burned it in the back yard junk pile. Supposedly, it let off green smoke as well. (No, I don't believe that either, just relating)

I do have an Ouija story, and I can't believe I'm going into it this late at night, being the only one awake (and the ice maker in the fridge just made me jump, haha). When I was in my early 20's, I had been staying over at my then-boyfriend's house. He had his siblings over, and they'd gotten a Parker Bros Ouija for Christmas, so they brought it to try it out. He was renting an old farmhouse that he had grown up in; his parents had rented it when he was little--then bought a larger house in town. When he became an adult, it was up for rent again, so he rented it out of nostalgia.

He and his father were both on the volunteer fire dept., and his dad used to give speeches at the school about fire safety. He used a "prop" that he took from a fire--an old melted rotary telephone, to show how bad a fire can be. He had given it to my boyfriend, who kept it in a shed in the back yard. The phone had come from the house of the parents of a former friend of my boyfriend's. He was friends with the boy, Lee, when he lived in the house as a child--and they walked to the bus stop together (rural home). Unfortunately, Lee died of Reye's Syndrome when he was around 8 years old. The fire at his parents house happened after that, and not long after the fire, my boyfriend's family moved into town.

So to make that a little clearer, we had Lee's melted burned phone in our shed. The younger brothers took the Ouija into the other room, and they were trying to contact their grandfather, who had accidentally shot himself before they were born. They came out later, complaining that it didn't work, it kept trying to spell "friend", but was misspelling it. My boyfriend laughed, and said he'd believe it if he saw it, so they got it out again to show him. I don't know which of them was doing it, but it happened again. Then it spelled "Lee", and went to "8". Then he got creeped out and told us the story about how his friend Lee had died, and he went and got the phone to show us.

Weird things had always happened there anyway, so I can't attribute any of it to that specifically, but one night we were arguing, and I told him I was going to leave. He was drunk, and told me that if I left, he would "Hunt me down and find me". We were in the dark, because we had been ready to go to sleep--and it felt like hands came around my throat to choke me when I tried to get up. He had a waterbed, so I know it wasn't him, because there was no movement. Needless to say, I didn't come back after that. I don't know if Lee didn't like me because we were always arguing, or if any of that even had anything to do with him...or the Ouija...but it was an interesting coincidence, if nothing else.

This is a pic of the creepy needlepoint that he took before he burned it:
HALL embroidery.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ouija...

Somehow I'm not surprised to see such a thread here. But this...thing...
you speak of...it is but a mere toy. Dime-a-dozen parlor game.

We have this life, this world.

This moment.

Yet, is this all there is? This world is a reality that you can see.
Man has always been afraid of the things they can't see. But in
not seeing something, does it then somehow make it less real?

I beg each one of you, Do not reach blindly into the dark. Unless
you are prepared to meet the things that exist in the dark. I'm not
asking what you believe. And what you believe really doesn't matter.

It's called reality.

The "talking board" goes far back in time. As early as when man
first began to write. A legend, a myth or just plain magic.

I've been a writer my whole life. And a writer is also a reader. It
was many years ago when I first read the secret works of Merlin.
I read them, and I thought about what they said. I began to study
his words.

I became the student of a wizard centuries dead.

And he's taught me things.

He spoke to me, taught me things. He told me how to make
a talking board that can reach into the dark.

There was a thunderstorm. He sent it. He told me when, and
where.

I watched the lightening split an old oak tree. That tree was massive.
Biggest oak I ever saw. Lightening just kept hitting it. Thunder rolled,
and the lightening just kept banging it.

I stood in the storm, my arms raised and rode the storm.

As the storm raged, the tree split. Straight down the middle.
And it began to burn. I watched as the fire burned away the
parts I didn't need.

It left me the heart of a tree.

And with that sacred wood, I made a talking board.

It reaches far into the dark.

I have it. But it also has me. I've done things, seen things that
I regret. It was what the board said to do.

And I can't let go.

Please, I beg you...

Don't reach into the dark.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ouija...

Somehow I'm not surprised to see such a thread here. But this...thing...
you speak of...it is but a mere toy. Dime-a-dozen parlor game.

We have this life, this world.

This moment.

Yet, is this all there is? This world is a reality that you can see.
Man has always been afraid of the things they can't see. But in
not seeing something, does it then somehow make it less real?

I beg each one of you, Do not reach blindly into the dark. Unless
you are prepared to meet the things that exist in the dark. I'm not
asking what you believe. And what you believe really doesn't matter.

It's called reality.

The "talking board" goes far back in time. As early as when man
first began to write. A legend, a myth or just plain magic.

I've been a writer my whole life. And a writer is also a reader. It
was many years ago when I first read the secret works of Merlin.
I read them, and I thought about what they said. I began to study
his words.

I became the student of a wizard centuries dead.

And he's taught me things.

He spoke to me, taught me things. He told me how to make
a talking board that can reach into the dark.

There was a thunderstorm. He sent it. He told me when, and
where.

I watched the lightening split an old oak tree. That tree was massive.
Biggest oak I ever saw. Lightening just kept hitting it. Thunder rolled,
and the lightening just kept banging it.

I stood in the storm, my arms raised and rode the storm.

As the storm raged, the tree split. Straight down the middle.
And it began to burn. I watched as the fire burned away the
parts I didn't need.

It left me the heart of a tree.

And with that sacred wood, I made a talking board.

It reaches far into the dark.

I have it. But it also has me. I've done things, seen things that
I regret. It was what the board said to do.

And I can't let go.

Please, I beg you...

Don't reach into the dark.

OMG!!..Interesting story Spookwriter,Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I never want those boards inside my house. I believe you're talking a demon and not a spirit. But the demon wants you to believe you are talking to a spirit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've once used ouija board with my friends. I didn't believe the existence of spirits and ghosts till that day. It was a night and when we called the spirit, the coin started moving. we were a bit shocked and scared, but thankfully that was a good spirit. We asked about our future and that answers given by the spirit was very true. Nothing weird happened after that incident.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'm a firm believer ... in the ideomotor effect. Facilitated communication, ouija boards-- I think the players make it happen. We see what we want to see (or perhaps what we fear to see). If friends of mine contact a spirit that speaks a language they clearly don't speak, and according to Google Translate the message makes sense, and I'm present to witness it, then it might give me pause. Otherwise, I'm going with prank, or ideomotor effect.
It's still interesting to read the stories!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was going to make one the other year though when it came down to finding the correct font to use for it, the name of the font (Captain Howdy), sounded awfully familiar so I did a google search for it. Now instead of an ouija board, I have a nice cutting board for my veg.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts