Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 13 or so my one friend had a ouija board (it was actually her moms). One day we decided to try it. The first spirit we got was mean and hateful, he claimed to be a 17 year old boy who died in a car accident. He would curse at me and me only. We got rid of him and we soon got another spirit. He told us his name was Gus.

Gus was nice enough. He answered our questions. He goofed around with us. It all seemed innocent enough. One day after a few sessions with Gus he asked if he could show himself to us. We firmly told him no. He insisted he was going to but it never happened.

Fast forward a few nights later. All of our friends were over,once again talking to Gus. It was time for them to go home so we said goodbye to Gus. As we hung out talking about our night the phone rang. There was no one on the line. It rings again, no one on the line. This went on many more times, one after the other. I finally had a "bright" idea. I said let's ask Gus, he would know who it is.

We get back on and ask Gus if he knows who is calling over and over and over. Yes he says. We ask him if he can tell us. Again, he says yes. We're all excited because we are thinking we're going to be able to bust whoever was doing it at school the next day. We ask Gus to tell us. Gus tell us....it was him!

We could not close out that session fast enough. That was more than enough to keep me away from ouija boards for the rest of my life. It could not have been any of our friends, they were all there. To this day I will not touch a ouija board. I preach to my daughter about the dangers just as I would if it were about drugs. I absolutely believe it was him. Talk about being scared straight. This experience did that 10 fold. None of those friends has touched one since either and we are all in our late 30's.

So I was just wondering anyone else have any experiences with ouija boards?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ok I have one that is a little different. My stepmom got a Ouija board from a Christmas party . She didn't want anything to do with it, she told me that these things are evil, bad, and not to mess with them...so she gives it to me (yeah I was only 12) Anyways , I never messed with the thing, just put it in a closet and forgot about it. Well one night, she was telling me this story about if you burn a Ouija board it will scream so Im like "lets burn it". We took it outside to the barrels we burned trash in, and the walk outside my stepmom was talking to it, saying" we are going for a little walk" She was a little loonie at times. LOL It was very dark that night, we lived way out in the country so we had a few barn tom cats. We placed the board in the trash barrel , lit it , watched for a few short mins. when Suddenly one of the tom cats lets out a real loud "roaaaaRaaaaaaaa" Screeching scream, I ran so fast back into the house and I left my stepmom out there, she came running in too. We stood there for a minute and realized it was just a cat that just happened to screech at that time. Oh we laughed so hard after that. LOL But it still scared the crap out of me.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would not have one in my home.....a friend in college had one. I saw him and some other friends play with it. It started out kinda fun, seemed innocent enough---like a party trick....but turned really negative later. My friend threw it away in the trash outside after a violent session. But it turned up the next morning in the exact spot, where he always used it. I don't know if someone was kidding around, everyone swore they had nothing to do with it turning up again....my friend ended up burning it, and that was it.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I've never actually managed to get one to work. I've had friends tell me that after I've left, the board says it don't like me.

So, my only personal experience with one is not much of one at all.

My Grandmother has one in her basement.

It was normal for us to visit her on Saturdays, and play a board game when we were there. We'ld go down to the basement and pick a game to play.

One day I brought up the Ouija board, because it had a cool pic on the box. She went all white, and said I wasn't old enough, then 'hid' the thing behind a bench in the basement, and we proceeded to play something else.

I asked mom about it later, and she told me about the Ouija board (never one to hide anything from us kids, my mom), and why we shouldn't touch it.

The next week it was back on the shelf.

For all I know she forgot why it was behind the bench and put it up. It did seem odd at the time.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Was just kind of curious about HOW you can "get rid" of a spirit once you have called upon it?? Inquiring mind would like to know this. The information might come handy someday.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Yeah. I meant to say, how can you get rid of a ghost once you've opened the portal to it? It will come and go as it pleases as long as you continue using the board. That's just the thing you invite in when you open it, thus the reasons why it is important to take protective precautions. I'm not against using Ouija board because I use it myself, but there is no getting rid of the spirit unless he decides it. (But I didn't want him to think I was being an A$$.)

·
Registered
920 Posts
...I meant to say, how can you get rid of a ghost once you've opened the portal to it? It will come and go as it pleases as long as you continue using the board. That's just the thing you invite in when you open it, thus the reasons why it is important to take protective precautions. I'm not against using Ouija board because I use it myself, but there is no getting rid of the spirit unless he decides it. (But I didn't want him to think I was being an A$$.)
Oh!--Ok, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. You know, I personally, don't think it's the most positive outlet, so I can't help you here. I can only relate as to what I saw with my friends, when they used it a couple of times. Unfortunately, I don't remember them using any special proctection method.

But maybe this link might be of help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5291512_protect-yourself-using-ouija-board.html

.....by the way, what do you mean by " But I didn't want him to think I was being an A$$.)"? :)

Sincerely, H1

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
.....by the way, what do you mean by " But I didn't want him to think I was being an A$$.)"? :)
Just didn't want them to get offended by my response.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I think the ouija board only invites negetive spititual energy. Don't mess with true evil!

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the only way they are able to hang around is if you don't close the session. At least when I was 13 that's what I heard. If you don't tell them goodbye the session remains open and they are free to terrorize (kidding) but they are free to roam and do whatever. From what I read now you are supposed to burn white candles while doing it and imagine yourself protected by a white light or something...it's just easier to stay away as far as I'm concerned....lol

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I wouldn't speculate on whether the energies these things generate are indeed supernatural or a manifestation of mental/psychological energy.
Bottom line is, whatever these "Ouija boards" generate can be difficult to control, and some real harm can come from playing around with them.
Best left alone, IMO.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't speculate on whether the energies these things generate are indeed supernatural or a manifestation of mental/psychological energy.
Bottom line is, whatever these "Ouija boards" generate can be difficult to control, and some real harm can come from playing around with them.
Best left alone, IMO.

Lesson learned believe me. I have not touched one in 25 years(since that night). If you search the internet there are some really scary stories out there. I've also read that is possible to become addicted to the boards. No matter what, you will never ever see me touch one again.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I use to have one as a teen and it freaked me out enough where I got rid of it-never touched one again and never will!

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
Never used one myself but have a a neice that has had a couple scary stories. Always respect the powers of the unknown and always close the talk. Remember you are opening into their world. Always be careful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts