Halloween Forum banner

what is your thoughts about more secret reapers?

• would you join a "Merry" reaper in December?

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Would you join a "chilly" reaper in January?

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Would you join a "reaper of my Heart" in February?

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Would you join more than one?

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • should they be mini reapers - $15

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Should they be regular reapers, $20?

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • yes I think people will get burned out on too many reapers,

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • no, I think most people love them and will continue to join in!

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,here is the thread I said I would start, I am opening it to get ideas flowing,

to me,,, any other reapers would run along the same lines,,, Halloween themed gifts, either made bought, thrift store,, etc...

I am going to have a few questions in a poll,, and with the discussion,, see what seems to be the one most like,,

which reaper would you participate in?

A Merry reaper(December)
A "chilly" reaper (January)
A " Reaper of my Heart" ( February)
All of the above
What dollar amount/type of reaper should they be
Mini- $15
Regular - $2
Do you think too many reapers will burn people out, and make them over done,, so less and less will join over time?
yes or no

thanks,, I am open to suggestions,,, and will see where we go from there!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,957 Posts
i think a merry reaper would be fantstastic i can not think of a better christmas gift then a mini christmas reaper gift.

I dont think people will get burned out if you dont want to join you dont have to but if you do then you can join and have fun. gives peoples choices sometimes they have more time / money at diffrent months and can join in

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
I would join a merry mini reaper. It would be great because I could take full advantage of the Nov 1st sales. I wouldn't sign up for a Jan or Feb reaper simply because I have a surge in work around that time of year and couldn't give a reaper victim the right amount of attention, but if other people are interested they can do it. I liked the mini reapers in late spring and early summer that Saki ran just before the big reaper and I would probably do something like that again.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I may not be typical, but I usually only do one reaper a year. And after Halloween, I focus on Chirstmas and Thanksgiving. So even though I visit this forum once a week after Halloween I am not as active again until May.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
10,957 Posts
I think a christmas one would be great then hold off till spring like ondeko said. Lots of people may not have gotten on fourm so ce this weekend is party's for lot of people could be why have not heard from them

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:D I'm in! I have such FUN doing the Reapers, and if people don't want to join in, they don't have to. I think a smaller SR would be cozy....;) I can do whenever, but Christmas would be FUN! And the after Halloween sales would offer a great opportunity to stock up!:)

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I think people are too busy right now to even weigh in on the subject. maybe after Halloween is past you'll get more response.

·
Reaper Queen
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I am sure that is it, I don't have a big thing to plan for, so sorta forgot. The reason I added 3 times is because a valentines one was brought up at one point, as well as Christmas being busy and some folks are have a hard time money wise then, so the after Christmas one comes into play.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Oh, I am sure that is it, I don't have a big thing to plan for, so sorta forgot. The reason I added 3 times is because a valentines one was brought up at one point, as well as Christmas being busy and some folks are have a hard time money wise then, so the after Christmas one comes into play.

:) I am in whenever Bethene, so Christmas, Valentine's Day or a "New Year's Reap"...count this gourd IN!!! :D:D:D

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
I haven't been around much at all this week with work and all. I have loved the three reapers I did, and will do them in the future. I think the last one was a bit of a struggle time wise (too short of a turn around between sign up and shipping deadline). I had to ask for a time extension, and that made me anxious. It turned out well though. I agree having more would offer a flexibility to members who may find one time better than another, but I do think looking forward to the main event adds to the special nature of the main event. I loved the banter, ninja gerbils, glitter bombs, bushes, tents, drinks and the overall sense of comradery present in the main reaper that doesn't come into play as much in the smaller reapers, and I would hate anything to lesson that. I would vote for mini reaper at best, and maybe around valentine's day.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i'm all for a black xmas reaper, i do have a black xmas tree that would so love some halloween/xmas oranaments!
do you also have a xmas card exchange on the forum?

·
Reaper Queen
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No card exchange, but Larry's other site, Christmas Fan Club has a card exchange, and also a ornament exchange also.

I'm the Goddess, I agree, too short of a period of time before shipping with the 2nd reaper, learned my lesson there!!
To get gifts to people by Christmas, we need to get this reaper going right away, especially if we want 4 weeks for shipping.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I love the idea of a Merry Reaper in December. It would be awesome to to put this kind of gift together. I know that it might be hard for some people to do this with everything else going on, but it would be a fun option to do. I think a reaper at any time of the year would be great though.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I love the SR, and did all 4 so far this year. It kept me busy and was lots of fun. I also do the Christmas fan club exchanges. As far as how many to do, I don't really know. (I really didn't think I would be up for all of them this year :eek:.)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
23 Participants
bethene
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing