Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
I am new to the forum and prop building. I really want to make this other mother as well but not sure how to start. Any guidance on how to start with her head is super appreciated. What is the best material for her to be outdoors, what is the best base to start from? I was thinking of a skeleton from HD would be a good starting place but not sure how to build off of that. I greatly appreciate the assistance or links you recommend!

Registered
Ohh she is gross-very creepy. Awesome job as she def has the same freaky features as the movie. I'd agree with everyone else, for a kids movie Coraline is unsettling to say the least.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am new to the forum and prop building. I really want to make this other mother as well but not sure how to start. Any guidance on how to start with her head is super appreciated. What is the best material for her to be outdoors, what is the best base to start from? I was thinking of a skeleton from HD would be a good starting place but not sure how to build off of that. I greatly appreciate the assistance or links you recommend!
Hi welcome. I used a giant skeleton head to start then encased it with clay. once sealed it was fine, I used a bucket cut up for her ribs. and garden wire for the hands. the rest was pvc and a wooden stand. Wife and I talked about rebuilding her this time a would start with a sawhorse like and and build off of that. Oh and spray foam to give her the uneven texture. Wife made the collar and we just draped everything else over and pinned it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny how we were just talking about this prop within the last week and how I would rebuild it if I wanted to ... With this thread being Necro'ed I think I am going to do it for next year, It just had to be a sign

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.