Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be fun to see what others do for other holiday decorating. Do you decorate to the same extent as halloween? Is your decor specific to that holiday or do you incorporate halloween?

·
Registered
448 Posts
We put out a bunch of white lights on the bushes for Christmas. I suggested to my mom that we put out our skeleton "Benson" with a little Santa hat on him on the front steps this year :D

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
No crossover here. Just a few wreaths and bows outdoors- plus a set of green stringer lights set up on a pole to look like a Christmas tree at night. Indoors, it's a Christmas tree- a truly gorgeous Hallmark card worthy kinda tree- and some decorations on the mantle. The tree always has a theme. This year, it's nutcrackers... three of which are a skeleton, vampire and a witch.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Osenator.......Bravo Dude!! Maybe thats what I need to do to my basement before putting up the Xmas decorations. I mean Xmas was always my big thing but then I started hangin' around this crowd & that all changed. I mean its kind of hard to buy Xmas decorations all year unless you go to one of those fancy, expensive Xmas shops. Who wants to drop money in places like that. I mean any yard sale, flea market, heck even the dump has something I could use for Halloween. I mean to me....Halloween is just plum easier!

I try to get it all up (the Xmas stuff), but its taking longer & longer to get this Halloween stuff packed & put up.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I decorate less for Christmas than I do Halloween, especially outside. Last year I was given some cool Halloween themed home-made ornaments that will go on the tree again, but I don't do a lot of crossover. I'd like to do NB4C things, but if I do, I'll be buying a new little tree for that. I saw a nice black fiber optic tree at Walmart for $15 the other day (32 inch).

I bought some inflatables at Dollar General's sale yesterday (which ends today, for those who haven't gone yet!). They're half off right now, and they had both Snoopy and Rudolph. I couldn't pass up either one. I also picked up a generic gingerbread man inflatable, because I do a candy theme outside.

I'd like to make Snoopy's doghouse and decorate it the way he does in the special, but I haven't gotten around to it, yet. It doesn't really go with the candy theme, but then again neither does Rudolph, so I think I killed what little theme I had.

There is a sister list run by the same people as this group, for Christmas. It's called Christmas Fan Club, and it's here: http://christmasfanclub.com/forum.php

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Here's an old Christmas pic. I definitely do more for Halloween, however I am no slouch at Christmas either and usually do more than anyone else in the hood. Not wanting to deal with cold and ice limits what I do when it comes to Christmas. It's also why I don't cross holidays. If I lived down south, then I would be incorporating a lot of Halloween props into my Christmas Display.

·
Registered
502 Posts
We keep the decorating mostly inside (just like I do for Halloween), except for colored lights & plug-in menorahs in the windows & a couple of wreaths on the doors...

Considering I have more Halloween bins than Christmas/Hanukkah bins, I would say we do more decorating for Halloween for sure, but we have a lot of Christmas/Hanukkah cards decorating our home during the holiday season, as well as the decorations we put out. Our silver tinsel main tree doesn't have a theme, but I got a little white pre-lit Christmas tree on clearance last year, & we were thinking of doing a theme with it - haven't decided what yet. We still want to keep the Christmas and Hanukkah ornaments mixed on our main Christmas tree, though....

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I go way overboard

Xmas light video

and In the recent years I have been doing a mix of both Xmas and Halloween with Nightmare Before Xmas setup

You missed a spot!!!

Way to throw down the gauntlet...If I lived in a warm weather climate I would accept that challenge.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The first Christmas I had my haunted house I sewed up a large Santa hat and a large pair of brightly colored Bermuda shorts, both of these items went on my large Pterodactyl skeleton I have hanging on the outside of the house,(the long Santa's hat slid over the long almost pointed end of his skull) then I strung Christmas lights over his boney "Wings".
I actually had another reason for the Bermuda shorts being on him. I made the skeleton as accurate as humanly possible. Pterodactyls have a pelvis bone that protrudes straight out, in front-center , so the Bermuda shorts sort of hid this on him, since some would think it might have been "Something Else"!
One other December I painted two 4 by 8 sheets of plywood red, screwed them together at the corner of my lot, right on the parking lot and painted on this :"Cash Machine-Instructions- 1) Throw cash over the top. 2) Drive away. Thank You!
That Spring after the snow had melted I found maybe $9,64 cents laying there where my "Cash Machine" had stood. Thank you!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
what a fun thread.
saki, that's very pretty decorating.
osenator, that is a riot.
I am always grabbing xmas stuff and turning it into Halloween deco. but when I decorate for xmas, it's just strictly xmas. but I don't decorate as heavily for xmas as Halloween.
scatterbrains, your xmas décor is lovely. the santa sleigh is awesome.
rohr, nice incorporation of the 2 holidays.
onorthodox, amazing how a few lights can make anything festive. looks good.
gym, I am doing me a cash machine this year. lol. that is to funny.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Mine are totally separate as I feel they should be. I don't mind what you guys do. Not slamming you. But I would be disappointed if anyone in my neighborhood did a Halloween display for Christmas. That is why we just had Halloween. And it is not a religious thing. I just want to see colorful winter wonderland at Christmas. I love the pretty lights. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D I do a bigger Halloween display than Christmas only because I do a full walk through maze in the back yard. My front yard was getting more Christmas because I put so much effort into the back at Halloween. I usually do a huge Christmas display.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts