Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
You could use it to make a head or lighter torso turn back and forth. You have to keep in mind the most fan motors depend on a constant flow of air to cool the motor or they burn out quickly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AS far as the airflow to cool the motor, average temps here in Oct are in the 40s/50s low 60s. So the cool air should be suffcient on keeping it cool, or so I would think.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
It was just a little over 30 degrees here and my air cooled electric motors would over heat and shut down periodically because they didn't have a fan on them. I am trying to use heat syncs so that they stay cool. Just an idea.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
you could make somehitng like these,

But instead you could put some arms coming out of the front ( air source ) and add a zombie head to the top.....
make the arms corpse like and have it close to the path so they brush past it...

Just an Idea

Ruggerz

·
Mistress of Mayhem
560 Posts
ruggerz, do you know what those balloon things are called? I'd like to look them up and see if they have any of those with a halloween theme already made that can be ordered. Would be great to just have a black waving figure looming like that in our yard. :)

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
ruggerz, do you know what those balloon things are called? I'd like to look them up and see if they have any of those with a halloween theme already made that can be ordered. Would be great to just have a black waving figure looming like that in our yard. :)
I believe they are called, Air Dancer Men....

Not too sure because I saw these from Family Guy....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man lol. As per family guy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've used an oscillating stand fan on 3' of boxes to make an 8' tall head-turning witch. I left the fan blades and cage on it and draped black cloth over the front of it, hanging a witch mask on the front. The back of the fan was not covered to allow heat to escape and air to flow (somewhat). More black cloth was attached to the neck of the fan for the body, separate from the head cloth.

The fan blades also pushed air down the front of the prop and made the cloth move and billow slightly. At night, though the billowing was hardly noticable over the snake pit, strobe light, and me sneaking up on the ToT's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts