Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Halloween is done I thought I would post my labor of love. Not entirely accurate, but I think is a nice homage to the guy that greeted me into the Pirates of the Caribbean when I was a kid. He talks but I don't have video of him from this year. I'll have to record some tonight.
file.jpg

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me. Very fine job there matey, way to shiver my timbers. lol.

I Love Pirates of The Caribbean. Can't wait for them to come out with another one. With so many movies out there having 12-15 sequels that really should have stopped after the second one, POTC is one that could never have enough sequels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks J-Man. It is actually the fright props skull. While pricey I loved the look of the skull and the jaw mechanism they have on it.

That's awesome, please post some video! Is that a Lindberg?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Edmund. As far as a tutorial, I really should have documented most of the process so I'll do what I can. It was such a labor of love. Started it back in Feb of last year and have been piecing it together ever since. I got luck with different people on the net that helped me out with certain portions of it. As far as a shopping list it would be as follows:

Fight Props talking skull
Plywood
Half inch thick medium density foam
Red velvet cloth
Leather eBay eyepatch
Polka Dot fabric
Custom leather bicorn hat
Custom rigid foam swords
3d printed anchors
Lots of trail and error

The biggest thing I had to contend with was being able to get access to the skull boards inside while keeping the skull stable while talking. I made a wooden ledge for the skull to sit on and used industrial velcro to hold it in place. As you can see from one of the pictures below I didn't account for the curvature of the skull and the fact that you would be looking at it from below so it needed to tilt down. I had to cut a wedge to go underneath the skull to tip it down and have it attach solidly. Unfortunately I don't currently have a picture of that.

Here are some of the pictures of JR in various states of the build. Enjoy.
file1.jpg
file2_2.jpg
file7.jpg
file5.jpg
file8.jpg
file4.jpg
file3.jpg

A tutorial is definitely in order, from the basic build, to the finding of materials! Avast, he's a beauty!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is excellent djsp! And some great tips! You mentioned the rigid foam swords, which are beautiful. Can you share where/how you obtained these? Many thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is excellent djsp! And some great tips! You mentioned the rigid foam swords, which are beautiful. Can you share where/how you obtained these? Many thanks!
Hi & thanks, I appreciate it. I actually got them from a great guy named Larry Carr. He runs http://www.abracadaver.com. His email is [email protected] . I would think he still has the molds he used. Best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts