Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is looking to purchase these. It seems that Oriental Trading Company has them in stock and ready to ship. The price seems "pretty good." I'd like them to be a bit cheaper, but maybe I'll pull the trigger. If anyone else can find them for a better price and free shipping (yeah OTC is offering free shipping this weekend I guess) let me know.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=grave+walkers

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
OT's President's Day free shipping expired yesterday but there is a new Free Ship (standard shipping) code that expires next week. See Coupons and Discounts area for code.

Halloween Asylum sells some of the grave walkers as well: Leatherface, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon; Dracula; Frankenstein; Freddie.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
They're a little cheaper on Amazon & Fright Props. Always check around on pricing with OT because sometimes they're a little more expensive on stuff like this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! You're absolutely right RCIAG. They are much cheaper on Amazon. I just picked up the Wolf-Man for $50.00 with free shipping with Prime. Thanks for the heads up!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
OT has great prices on bulk stuff like the billion eggs you'll need for an Easter egg hunt, stuff for an Easter basket, party supplies & Halloweencandy but when it comes to big stuff like that you need to shop around.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I ordered the Creature FTBL from Oriental Trading 2 days ago. I was happy with $90.00 and free shipping. Don't have Amazon Prime, but it paid off for you ActionJax.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my Wolf-Man arrived today. He looks GREAT! But arrived with a broken little finger. Anyone know what type of glue would be best to repair him. He appears to be made out of some type of dense foam.

Yes you may notice some other items in the background. I'm starting to gather items to build my Monster Lab for Halloween this year. I'm going with the Classic Monsters as my theme.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and I didn't order this one from Oriental Trading. I got mine from Amazon. Free shipping with Prime.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
Can you return him? Gorilla Glue should work if you can't.

Also, good to know what they're made out of.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I suppose I "could" return him, but I don't really want to. Its a really clean break. If I can find the right kind of clue to repair it, you won't even be able to tell. I was kinda thinking of putting a small piece of metal in the joint before I glue it to add even more stability. But since its some kind of foam, I don't want to just slap on some "superglue" and hope that it doesn't melt it or something.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Amazon is GREAT about making folks happy. You should at least contact them and see what they say. You may at least get a credit for being so understanding !

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Super glue like Crazy Glue won't work, the foam just soaks it up.
That's what I'm concerned about. Now it seems to me if I use Gorilla Glue won't that "expand" and won't create a tight seal? Right now, it is an incredible clean break so that when I put it together you can't even tell its broken. So I really want to find the right kind of glue to repair it. Its going to look INCREDIBLE on the wall of my office. That is if my wife lets me put it up. :)

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Gorilla glue is the way to go on this repair, he will be fine after that. Maybe insert a toothpick or thin brass rod for strength and used just a small thin film of gorilla glue. I like these pieces, just not sure where they would fit in

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gorilla glue is the way to go on this repair, he will be fine after that. Maybe insert a toothpick or thin brass rod for strength and used just a small thin film of gorilla glue. I like these pieces, just not sure where they would fit in
Well, I did just that. Inserted a small nail into the finger, and then wetted both pieces and put a very thin layer of Gorilla glue on both pieces. Very, very thin coating and then held them together for about 20 minutes. Worked very well I'd say. Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and as for fitting in. LOL, I'm GOING to find a place of honor in my house...somewhere! And I plan on using them this Halloween with my "Classic Universal Monster" theme graveyard and monster lab setting that I'm planning. I've got the other three coming as well. (Frankenstein Monster, Dracula and Creature) Wish they had done the Mummy or a few other of the great classic characters. After seeing the quality of these pieces, I'd certainly buy those as well. Although, I still think that $99 is a bit much, but if you shop around and can find "free shipping" their a great buy in my opinion. So far, I've been able to pick them up for around $84 with free shipping with Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, some more new "fiends" I mean "friends" arrived today. I've gotta say that I am extremely pleased with the quality of them. They look even better in person. Way to go Rubbies!

And is a few days my Creature From the Black Lagoon should arrive. I'll post those pics too :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And here's the whole gang!

I love the Creature, but the eyes are not the best. I seem to remember someone repainting them and they looked great. If someone has any photo's of that I'd love to see them.

Cheers!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
The Creature's eyes ARE a little buggy! :D They're all pretty awesome & much better than I would've expected.

·
Registered
894 Posts
You should contact who you got it from, they might send you a new one and tell you to keep the broken one too! :) I've had reputable places do that!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts