Halloween Forum banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I ordered this gal to use up a $20 gift certificate I had from last year (almost forgot about it too!). Now, if you read the reviews on her, just know that you MAY receive one with a smooshed in face, which I did, unfortunately. Because her face is made up of a soft latex mask, there is no way to “puff out” her face and the first one I receive had a pretty badly dented in face. I should’ve taken a photo to compare, but it basically looked like half her face was deflated. OT took care of it right away though, sent me a new one before even receiving the defective one back, and the new one is perfectly fine. She’s on the short side, and her clothing and basic Christmas-tree stand are the same run of the mill quality you get with these type props, but I love her! And she has the best damn hair out of any prop I’ve ever ordered!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I think you made a great purchase @Spirits Vineyard! She has great hair like Madame Misery. Sometimes it’s the smallest things that make a great prop. I had considered buying the pair a while ago. Stop buying good things! The peer pressure is not helping!

Haha yes! we’ve established early on, and often, that I am an enabler 😁😁

And I totally agree, it could be the smallest of things that could make something a “well worth it” prop. Can’t wait to add her to my gang.

Only gang isn’t the right word. Just what does one call a group of spooky female characters?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Haha yes! we’ve established early on, and often, that I am an enabler 😁😁

And I totally agree, it could be the smallest of things that could make something a “well worth it” prop. Can’t wait to add her to my gang.

Only gang isn’t the right word. Just what does one call a group of spooky female characters?
If you find out let me know. When we started collecting props we ended up with all females as well and we just called them all the witch... well.. *itches. Lol

I’m hoping that doesn’t get me reported.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Actually I probably have more males than I think, but it just seems like I have more females. One of these days I am gonna take a pic of them all together, which technically shouldn’t be that hard since I never take them apart after Halloween is over!

I’ll have to keep thinking about what to call them though....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Actually I probably have more males than I think, but it just seems like I have more females. One of these days I am gonna take a pic of them all together, which technically shouldn’t be that hard since I never take them apart after Halloween is over!

I’ll have to keep thinking about what to call them though....
We actually got a few guys tossed in as well. We just them call them the “spooky gang” now. But, we do have special names for all of them regardless of what the manufacturer calls them. Like Madame Misery, I just found her too pretty to call her Misery. And who would go to a fortune teller with that name? She’s Stella now.

And yes, take a picture. Bet it will look like one of those Adam’s Family Reunions!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Speaking of Madam Misery, I agree, she needs a more uplifting name!

I bought her at the end of last season so this is the first time I’ve put her together. She needs a new head scarf thingy though because I’m sorry, red and purple just DO NOT go together. What the heck were they thinking?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Speaking of Madam Misery, I agree, she needs a more uplifting name!

I bought her at the end of last season so this is the first time I’ve put her together. She needs a new head scarf thingy though because I’m sorry, red and purple just DO NOT go together. What the heck were they thinking?

View attachment 721117
I adore her. Not thrilled about the earrings and I painted her hands. It bothered me that she looked like she had poor circulation. Love her hair. I did give her a necklace to jazz her up. The red and purple doesn’t bother me so much and I actually was thrilled to see purple on Zaltana too. So I pulled the purple into my display and just went with it. Most Halloween stuff is pretty similar in color so I was happy to have a splash of something different.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Just ordered a new doo-rag for her on Amazon. I’m the opposite as you....I’m ok with her funky built in hoop earrings, but the purple & red combo has to be fixed stat!

Did you paint her hands in addition to her nails? They do look ghastly white, compared to her face which looks like a nice sun-kissed color. Kind of odd they’d leave it like that with such a disconnect in skin tone. Well, I take that back, not surprising at all. 🙄

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just ordered a new doo-rag for her on Amazon. I’m the opposite as you....I’m ok with her funky built in hoop earrings, but the purple & red combo has to be fixed stat!

Did you paint her hands in addition to her nails? They do look ghastly white, compared to her face which looks like a nice sun-kissed color. Kind of odd they’d leave it like that with such a disconnect in skin tone. Well, I take that back, not surprising at all. 🙄
I haven’t painted her nails yet, but it’s on my list. I figured I’d go red cause Zaltana has some saucy red nails and lips too.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
So OT sent me a catalog today and since they have a huge site I thumbed through the pages and saw this:

All I can think is.... man, how cool would it be to basically fashion your yard into a Halloween aquarium? That would put a new spin on all that pirate stuff now wouldn’t it? I would be in my garage making mounds of spray foam coral!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My poor electrocuted (and partially dino eaten) electrician working on those high voltage lines at the dino park arrived today. Not bad for the price. I'll probably give him some arm stuffing and might make a rib cage for him out of one of those DT pool floats so he looks like he got ripped apart while BBQing on the electrical line. And add some park logos on his orange vest and construction hat. He didn't come with batteries and don't have the time to play with him until next week but wanted to post some photos of him. Someone in the OT comment section said that you had to touch him to activate but don't see where so something to figure out next week. In the meantime here he is:

One other change I will definitely be making will be to replace his jute rope with some other type of rope, spray painted silver/gray, for the high voltage wiring. Shouldn't be hard to do and I definitely want it to look like some electrical cabling anyway. Been working on designs for the electrical fence. Kind of first real project of the season.
omg i love this!!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I just noticed OT has what is essentially camo netting. I thought it was fish net from the thumbnail but it looks like camo netting. It would have to be painted different shades but it looks like a decent price, especially if yo9u can catch it on sale and/or with free shipping.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When's the best time to buy some of the bulk TOT handouts?

Are there some handouts that OTC overpriced? What are their best deals for handouts?

I've been eyeing the ducks...
I like the ducks but they dont float??? They flip over ( if you read the small print theytell you thy dont float} The entire purpose of me buying them wold be to float them in a little pond

161 - 180 of 193 Posts