Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you organized and set up (decorating, cooking, etc.) all on your own for a Halloween party while pregnant? Just wondering if it'd be better making it a smaller party or skip this year so it's less stressful on a mother to be. My friend really works hard on organizing her party every year and rarely ever wants any help. She's afraid that the stress will be bad for her pregnancy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was 6 months pregnant for my second party. It's exhausting, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Ask for help from your friends and set up early.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have done this a couple of times and it's fun each time ..... yes stressful, but as long as she's not doing lifting and dealing with paint fumes from props or whatnot then she should be ok. Try to be supportive of her and make sure she takes some breaks. Have her do as much ahead of time as she can so she can do a little at a time. Freeze some food items etc. There's definatly no reason for her to not have one unless she just doesn't want to. :)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Have any of you organized and set up (decorating, cooking, etc.) all on your own for a Halloween party while pregnant? Just wondering if it'd be better making it a smaller party or skip this year so it's less stressful on a mother to be. My friend really works hard on organizing her party every year and rarely ever wants any help. She's afraid that the stress will be bad for her pregnancy. Any thoughts?
Hmm . . .

My wife always seems to get pregnant IN October. Which makes for nice summer babies!! :D

Six months pregnant for her is usually right around Easter. What we usually do is have a pre-party party where some friends will come over and help us set everything up. Then, on the day, we have a potluck party. All the decorations are up, and we provide the main "meal", but invite friends to bring special treats and fun foods of their own.

My wife has always had amazing energy at six months, though. She's still going to the gym and working the elliptical for an hour at a time. So I don't know if she's really a good comparission. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Never been pregnant so I wouldn't know, but if it is too stressful for her, ask for help. Like TK421 said, have a pre party party and have your friends help. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be funny if all the guests showed up dressed as pregnant women?

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. My friend will be around 2 months pregnant so not sure how she'll be feeling in the first trimester. We'll see how it goes. The thing is she's been having this party every year and it would be too weird if she suddenly didn't have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts