Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome, boils and ghouls, to the Manor. This year I tried to take a more organic approach to haunting, using dead leaves, mosses, desiccated flowers, and branches in my display. I also went a little overboard shopping for antiques. ;)

More photos will come in the next days, as our annual Halloween Ball is this Saturday. Please, let me know what you think! :D

Happy Haunting, everyone! And stay tuned for more photos.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,519 Posts
Stunning! Elegant, creepy and beautifully staged and lit. Strong work!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I love your set up! this is exactly what I want mine to look like but it misses the mark. Takes more money than I've got to pull it off this well. I'm slowly collecting , so maybe someday. LOVE everything you did . Can we see more pics in a wider view so we can see the whole scene. Also I would love to see more pics of the scene with the dummy. great job !

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
This is a phenomenal set up !!!! I strive for the same elegant yet creepily decayed look as you have achieved. Do you use a webcaster to achieve those webs?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your pics are great nice work! :cool:
Thank you!! :D

I love your set up! this is exactly what I want mine to look like but it misses the mark. Takes more money than I've got to pull it off this well. I'm slowly collecting , so maybe someday. LOVE everything you did . Can we see more pics in a wider view so we can see the whole scene. Also I would love to see more pics of the scene with the dummy. great job !
Thank you for your compliments; this kind of set up takes a LOT of work, believe me, I know! :p I'd been collecting from yard sales and thrift stores for two years before I felt I had enough to really do this theme justice. Last year was like a test run. But it's expensive and it takes a long time to accumulate things! You'll get there, just keep collecting. :D Thanks again; I'll make sure to get some good wide shots to upload!

This is a phenomenal set up !!!! I strive for the same elegant yet creepily decayed look as you have achieved. Do you use a webcaster to achieve those webs?
Thank you very much! :D Yes, I use a homemade web spinner, made by following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFV64sEh0Ho I love it, it's extremely effective at creating "the mood" :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok gorgeous shots. Share with me shutter speed and f stop please!
Thank you matrixmom!! :D Truth be told, I wish I could take credit for messing with the shutter speed and other settings. I have a Nikon Coolpix S8200; all I did was increase the contrast/darkness on auto mode, took off the flash, and started snapping photos.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts