Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Looks great! And I didn't have to turn my head sideways to watch it :D
BUT can it play 'I'm your boogieman'? lol

MsM

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looks great. Interestingly enough, that is the way I was originally going to animate my keyboard, but I gave up on the idea thinking it was going to be too hard to add extensions to the back of the keys.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave, I can't take the credit for the idea its from DC Props Handbook. nothing fancy

Ms Meeple, Yep I put on my bald guy costume and danced to I'm your boogie man as I built it....now on to the foot pedals

Xpendable, I used popcycle sticks for the extensions. If you try this set up use the chain and sprockets, I tried to use a belt and pulley arrangement but there was too much drag and the o ring I was using for the belt just sliped.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dave, I can't take the credit for the idea its from DC Props Handbook. nothing fancy

Ms Meeple, Yep I put on my bald guy costume and danced to I'm your boogie man as I built it....now on to the foot pedals

Xpendable, I used popcycle sticks for the extensions. If you try this set up use the chain and sprockets, I tried to use a belt and pulley arrangement but there was too much drag and the o ring I was using for the belt just sliped.
Popsicle sticks.... Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. If I were to do it this way, I wouldn't need the chain and sprockets because I have enough room for direct drive off the motor. The way I'm doing it now is different anyway, and allows me to keep the key down for awhile. I'll post pics and video when it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts