Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late this afternoon a small busload of Haunt workers arrived at The Ravens Grin Inn.
It had been a six hour drive/ride for them. Only one of them had been here before.
We took them through in two groups, we even had to add a small group comprised of small children and Moms.(Who also had driven several hours to get here.)
Their laughter began right away and their compliments were right behind the laughing as the compliments continued long after their tour was completed.
The younger people are mostly Haunt-actors, the older ones are haunt constructionists AND Haunt Actors.
From the amount of compliments we heard, it is very safe to say, They all were impressed and really enjoyed this "SHOW"!
Then it was finally time for them to "go", but first .. "Pictures".. fun, funny pictures of everybody with arms around.. everybody. Then... more pictures!
Then it was Really time to leave, but some weren't in the first batch of pictures, so more posing and more pictures.
Then when maybe six of them were still in here visiting and taking a few more pictures of us all together, a man was sent from the Bus to get them out of the house, then my wife and I mentioned a certain thing here that none of them had found when they were playing Hide & Seek after the completion of their house tour, and the man sent in to bring others out had to stop as we gave him a glimpse of said device (One of the oldest things here, almost never used anymore.)
Those lavish compliments began in the 4th room of the tour, always a good "Sign"!
I told a few of them that compliments are better than mere money (for numerous reasons)
I had some long conversations with some of these people who have been building a "Big city" Haunt and haunt acting for many years, very informative and nice.
They were truly impressed with what I have done here, a very nice feeling! My early years here nobody gave me a chance at making this house into anything that could ever resemble a "Success!"
The bus driver is also part of the haunt family, and he told my wife, that he could see bringing others here to see our house!

What a Night!

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Cool. Dollars will keep the lights and heat on no doubt but compliments will illuminate and warm the mind and heart forever.

Gym, do you have any idea annually how many people come through? I know you're not exactly in a travel destination town so am always impressed to hear about the groups that find you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts