Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, doing one more run thru of my makeup and appliance application before Halloween. (Ignore the hair, didn't mess with that today.) Anyway, I'm going as a staked/dead vampire, and I'm shooting for creepy, not goth or clown-looking. So I took the photos in kind of low light, since we're going to a bar party, and I need opinions. I'm pretty happy with the shade of pale skin, and I drew some veins under the makeup, which don't really show up in the photos. However, given the low light situation, do I need to vamp up the cheek hollows, etc. even more? They look overdone in the daylight, but that's a whole different story, of course. (I'm wearing Scarecrow fangs and black pinpoint contacts. Got the contacts from ExtremeFX and they're very comfy!)

Not sure why the photo isn't showing up, but I do have it uploaded to my album. Halloween Forum - Valkryie's Album: Makeup trial run

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a green Mehron pencil, but I think I started in with the white makeup too soon after drawing the veins because those on my face smeared, but the ones on my neck and chest didn't. I figure they had longer to set, so they didn't smear and they do show up better. I probably need to draw them a bit heavier and let them set a bit more before applying the white over the top. Maybe even give them a shot of barrier spray or something. Or maybe go with a black or dark red pencil?

·
Registered
591 Posts
from the pics I would say you look alittle to healthy as opposed to undead skin color needs a little more undead color.make sense?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understand perfectly. And it's weird, because when I was applying the makeup, I thought it looked a little too dead! But again, that was in sunlight/makeup lights in my bathroom.
I'll be after it again tomorrow and will post photos of hubby and I once it's all done.
Thanks for the tips!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I used a green Mehron pencil, but I think I started in with the white makeup too soon after drawing the veins because those on my face smeared, but the ones on my neck and chest didn't. I figure they had longer to set, so they didn't smear and they do show up better. I probably need to draw them a bit heavier and let them set a bit more before applying the white over the top. Maybe even give them a shot of barrier spray or something. Or maybe go with a black or dark red pencil?
Probaly didn't set. I wouldn't draw them to dark because than they look fake and kinda silly. At fright fest I use a very light blue eyeshadow and trace my veins and than shadow with a light purple. I get airbrushed white so i don't have to wory about smuging but if I did, I would maybe put on a finishing spray. My veins look very real and even freaked out the airbrush guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts