Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need everyone's help please! This year I am going to be Marie Antoinette, bloody neck and all. My husband has toyed around with the idea of being Louie the 14Th or a french soldier of some kind. I came up with a better idea...I think he should be the Executioner. But then I thought that maybe this isn't a good idea because did she really have a "executioner" because she died by the guillotine? I mean someone had to pull the rope to release the blade. Help! I would think that this would still work because to my surprise no one that I have been speaking to even knows how she died. I thought it was common knowledge but maybe I just like history. So am I over thinking this? If anyone can help I know it's you guys.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Tell you the truth had you not said guillotine I would have in my confussion thought "I guess it was a beheadsman". So I would say GO FOR IT! :)

And if anyone tries to correct you tell them "hey, it's my head I oughta know!".

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yubney!! That's a pretty good comeback I might use it! My husband is pretty excited about this (because he gets to carry a weapon hehe) so I think it's what he will be.

·
Registered
291 Posts
To be honest, most people know she lost her head but don't focus on how....so I think a Beheadsman would be great...or "Please, I like to be referred to as a Crainium Removal Technician" ....you could even get him a name badge for a little comedy.

There were many great pics but I love the red in this picture

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Churchofsubgenius that's exactly what I was thinking, making it kinda funny. Thanks for the advise makes me feel better!! OH and Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The executioner of Marie-Antoinette was called Henri Sanson, he was one of the official executioners of the Republic (in french le bourreau), can't find a good image of him, apart from his gravestone! But anyway I like the traditional image of a masked exceutioner with an axe better :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts