Halloween Forum banner

opinions on escape rooms

783 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dane82 
#1 ·
we usually try to do some kind of activity at our halloween party--one year it was a murder mystery, last year was a scavenger hunt, this year was a live-action "Clue" game.

i'd never really thought about an escape room, but i saw that my wife had pinned a couple of things about them on our halloween board yesterday. it seems to me this may be a really good idea--we need something that can be engaging to people that want to participate, but that doesn't require getting everyone at the party together at the same time to do the same thing. this feels like a great "do it at your own pace, whenever you choose" kind of thing.

i've seen some posts about escape rooms here before, but since i've never really thought much about doing one, i haven't dug into the threads. for those of you who have done them, do you think my thoughts (see above) are accurate? is there a particular setup that you went with? our Clue game this year didn't work very well because there were some logistical problems with the game itself, and we were pretty disappointed, but we don't mind paying for something that works well.

#2 ·
I looooove escape rooms (both going to, and creating), so I always think they're a great idea. ;)

I think if you give yourself enough time to plan things out, then it can definitely be fun/successful!

If you don't want everyone to have to do it at the same time (and also don't want to spend half your party night re-setting a room to let multiple small groups in, you might want to consider a break in box type of situation.

How many people typically attend your party!?

#3 ·
I looooove escape rooms (both going to, and creating), so I always think they're a great idea. ;)

I think if you give yourself enough time to plan things out, then it can definitely be fun/successful!

If you don't want everyone to have to do it at the same time (and also don't want to spend half your party night re-setting a room to let multiple small groups in, you might want to consider a break in box type of situation.

How many people typically attend your party!?
thanks for the input! we usually have ~30 people total for our party, some that stay awhile and some that come and go. ideally re-setting would be minimal but i think as long as that didn't require a ton of work, it wouldn't be a problem--even if our attendance went up a bit, there probably would only be a few groups doing it throughout the night and we wouldn't need that many re-sets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.