Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what you guys thought:

I'm new to home haunting, this will be third year doing it. I have a couple big props I want for this year and a lot of ideas to make it better and hopefully get more people to come. My family and friends totally support it and love to help out and be there on Halloween night. Unfortunately I will not be there on Halloween.

One of my best friends is doing a Halloween wedding and have asked me to perform the ceremony, this will be my first time doing that.

But I totally still want to go all out and make it awesome, then leave it in the hands of my family. Has this ever happened to any of you, where you put in all the time and effort but are not there to enjoy it Halloween night?

-Empty W

·
Halloween AA Member
1,183 Posts
I would suggest because halloween is on a Saturday. Put up signs in your neighborhood that you are doing your haunt on Friday istead. People will definitly come. I put up signs on the boulevards around my neighborbood, because I'm in a new development, and everyone thought it was only show homes. I ended up getting about 300 people.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Best Advice

My advice would be to tell your friend that you will officiate at his wedding on Halloween, then at the last minute say you are sick and attend to your home haunt. That way everybody is happy! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
My yard haunt is pretty much just a display, I don't hire out actors or anything like that. It's just static props and set up to give kids a good spooky vibe on Halloween so that being said I probably won't be at my yard haunt for the next 10 years or so!

Ever since my first daughter was born I've left the yard haunt/candy giving in the hands of my sister so I could take Josephyne TOT'ing. She is now 3 and my other daughter will be 2 on Oct. 2nd so I've many years of TOT'ing ahead of me, I won't let the yard haunt stand in the way of me TOT'ing with my own little ones. Not to mention my sister really enjoys coming over on Halloween, last year she brought 3 of her kids (+ two of their ex's), 5 grandkids and my mom over, plus as an added bonus she also cooked a big pot of chili!! I'll always set up the yard and if my sister can't make it I'll get someone to watch the yard and make sure there isn't any funny business with the props. Sure I miss out on everyone ohing and ahing over the display but I'd much rather miss that than miss my own ghouls TOT'ing.

So as long as it's someone you can trust by all means set it up and leave it for them to watch!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Is it a Halloween themed wedding or just a wedding on Halloween? If it's the former, then you should hesitantly agree, if its the latter, then stick to your haunt. My parents were married on Halloween, although, for them it's because the Reformation(Lutheran church) is the 31st. Their 50th is next year and I already told my brothers that are planning the party, that I won't be their if they do it around Halloween..... One must have their priorities and stick to them. I've also told my kids not to plan a Saturday wedding in the fall becuase if my Huskers are on TV, I won't be at the wedding. Sounds selfish, but I'm only asking for about 15 days to be mine...the other 350, I'm available to go to their weddings.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to my understanding, though I'm waiting for the official details, they are up in the air, part of it is going to be halloween themed, either the ceremony or reception. As much as I love Halloween, him asking of this is incredible and I am honored.

One think that makes it ok, my haunt is still small, I think we had around 30 people max last yr, so I'm not too concerned. He only gets married once, I hopefully have another 80 halloweens ahead of me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts