Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all :)

I'm Pete, my gf Lauren and I will probably both be using this sn on here. I just found this site the other nite and was so amped to find a forum for Halloween & spook freaks just like us

I've always been pretty into the spirit when it comes to the Halloween season, but we definitely had to step it up when we moved into the place we're in now 2-1/2 years ago- the whole neighborhood is pretty into it so we had to show off a little bit ;)

our 1st year we used mostly our front porch as our scene, we cut up black garbage bags and taped them all together in a creepy tapestry to block the porch from street light and wind so the fog wouldn't just blow away and also so the blacklights and strobes wouldn't get drowned out. We had a bunch of skeletons and other misc props under very dim lighting, cauldrons at the porch entrance with hot water & dry ice pellets, the obligatory spooky sound track, etc etc. And a bunch of friends and family to help celebrate the occasion so it basically ended up being a big party with everyone in the neighborhood coming thru

this past year we did a graveyard scene in the front yard, added another fog machine with a small diy chiller, skull torches at either side of the walkway, another cauldron filled with glowing and bubbling green goop, gremlins, gargoyles, some creepy loose jute hanging everywhere, and a bunch of other little stuff

this coming year I want to put bars on the one front window and have our black cat in there, ideally hissing at people but unfortunately he's the friendliest cat we have. Not much of a hisser, he usually just wants pets. And food.

anyhow we'll be on here picking brains and passing along anything we can come up with!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
'Welcome' to the both of you. I'd especially like to see your gremlins and gargoyles, if you don't mind;)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Greetings FrightFreak(s) :)

As BooBerrie said, we'd love to see some pics of your haunt, if you have any.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the replies all :)

we do have some pics and a couple quick vids on the external hd at home, we had a string of computer mishaps over the past few weeks tho so I won't be able to get anything up for the next week or so

I'll update when I can get some stuff up

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
props

'Welcome' to the both of you. I'd especially like to see your gremlins and gargoyles, if you don't mind;)

especially those gremlins sound cool. welcome aboard and dang, did you say your whole, i mean whole neighbor hood gets into it. and both halves are into it. give up the address and i'll see you there. lol. sounds like an ideal location there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the gremlins and gargoyles were store bought, nothing custom just yet. It's more the presentation with them all lurking in the dark that makes it work, also which unfortunately makes it difficult to get good quality pics of the scene

the whole neighborhood gets into the spirit as far as trick-or-treating, we figure we had close to 200 spooks this past year. Not so much alot of folks setting up scenes like us since the area is a mix of younger peeps and older folks. We're trying to get it caught on tho :)

still waiting to be able to upload some stuff, parts needed to be ordered to fix the laptop so its looking like another week or so before that will be up & running again :(

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi and Welcome!!

-Doc

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Just read you story. Oh, you're gonna love it here. Don't be intimidated, some of us have been at this for a long time. Lots of tricks to learn, always something fresh coming in. Welcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts