Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wanted to make a Oogie Boogie prop to put outside this Halloween. We went to Joanns fabrics and got 4yds of burlap. Here is what he looks like so far: IMGP3508.jpg . I got to this point by laying out the burlap, and folding it in half. Then I drew the outline of Oogie Boogie in charcoal. I broke out the old hot glue gun and glued around the outline. The burlap is porous enough so that the glue bonds both layers. We pulled him inside out and stuffed him with plastic shopping bags that my wife has been saving for about a year. He needs some work on his mouth, and his right arm needs to be altered some. Then some stuff to do with his eyes. She wants him sprayed with glow in the dark paint too. I was trying to think of a way to make him as weather resistant as possible. Any suggestions?

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Looks good!
As far as weather-proofing... You could pose it exactly as you want it and lightly spray a matte varnish onto it. It will take many coats since the burlap will soak it up. I doubt it will be weather proof, not without really soaking it and changing the appearance, but it should make it weather resistant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts