Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, wasn't sure where to put this...

i happened to click on the "big reaper" thread a little while ago, which i normally don't visit since i'm not involved in the reaper. i saw several posters--many who had been here awhile and had tons of posts--who i had never seen before, or at least didn't recognize.

it made me wonder, do people have certain areas of the forum that they generally don't go to? as i thought about it, i thought this might be something i do without realizing it. i usually just hit up the "new posts" link, but i do tend to visit threads from the general/parties/costumes sections, as i don't do a lot of props.

just curious.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I do the same, hit "new posts" but I generally only click on threads for props and tutorial. Then when nothing interesting comes up in "new posts" I go straight to my preferred forums. So i can see how the group tends to get segregated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yup. me too. Hit New Posts and then only into the threads that I'm interested in. Everyone is looking for something different and has different tastes and opinions, so I don't think it's all that uncommon for segregation to occur.

In fact, I wish I could hide certain threads from ever showing up in the list. There are threads I know I'll never go into.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
As a mod, I tend to wander all over, but there are certain areas I rarely hang out in, so it's always a surprise on who or what I see when I check those sections out.

I think it is great that there is such a wide variety of interests and skills and talents on Halloween Forum. It keeps us interesting.

There are officially well over 20,000 Halloween Forum members, and while I know half those members are likely in the single post count range, we still have at least a few thousand members that are active during the season every year and a core group of at least a few hundred that hang out here all year for as long as I can remember, and more join up all the time. As some long time members retire from decorating, we get enthusiastic new folks registering and visiting. This is a very active site still and it's great when we get folks in that love the place enough to stick around and share their ideas and expertise. Not that it isn't sad thinking about the amazingly talented folks that have hung up their pumpkins for the last time and shambled off to a well-deserved rest, but at least there's new blood to refresh the place from time to time.

Circle of life. Happens even in a Halloween site. :)

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are officially well over 20,000 Halloween Forum members, and while I know half those members are likely in the single post count range, we still have at least a few thousand members that are active during the season every year and a core group of at least a few hundred that hang out here all year for as long as I can remember, and more join up all the time.
wow! i had no idea the forum was that big. :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,843 Posts
Yeah I tend to skip the Game section & a few others but I know others go there regularly.

Question for the Mods:
Has this place ever had a purge of members? I'm sure there's a few thousand that have posted less than 10 times or less but still have an account from 5 years ago & has only been used twice. Is there a point where you just get rid of folks?

Same for threads, there's gotta be a few hundred "when do you start decorating" threads, has that stuff ever been purged?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts