Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...till the big day and I am no where near finished with my props. But for the first time I am at peace with that. Normally this time of year I am running around like a chicken with his head lopped off trying to do this or that worrying about getting things done for the big day. Not this time. :D

All this year I have been working on small commissioned projects for other people and working on my own in between. I haven't got nearly the items done that I planned on but I have managed to finish some smaller things that I had put on the back burner and finished a couple of larger ones that I will post pics of soon. I finished my skull battle mace and shield, a rising spirit..thanks Dave, an above ground crypt which I really like and several ambiance pieces.

Going to Orlando for Universal Horror Nights next week and I'm going to enjoy some time with the family. I'm not even stressing over the time I'll loose from prop making.

Everybody on this forum is doing some amazing work and I want to wish everybody a happy season. And don't panic...enjoy the process the totters won't know what you didn't finished they will appreciate what you did finish.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
Good sentiments. We all are our own worst enemy when it comes to the time crunch. Kicking ourselves for not getting everything done and then missing out on the real joy of Halloween. Finish what you can, don't start anything new that you can't complete, and don't worry about big things that might have to wait until next year. Most of us are average yard haunters and not Hollywood set designers. Anything we do beyond carving a pumpkin is going to be widely appreciated by the people who visit your house on Halloween night. Don't sweat the details; no one except you will notice.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That is probably a very healthy mindset, voodoo willy. I quite agree jdubbya, a lot of us are perfectionists, and we really do beat ourselves up unnecessarily when, by far and large, no one else is the wiser.
I'm thankful that I'm planning to travel over the big day to hit some of my old haunting grounds (if all goes according to plan) and not worry about being the only one working feverishly to decorate the entire floor in my dorm building. Even my costume is a "whatever gets done works" sort of project, and if I have time I'll add unnecessary improvements. Basically, I've already decided that, unless I get another idea that I just have to do, this will be next year's costume too, so I sort of want to leave room for improvement. I have to admit that it is a lovely relief.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Hey Willy, you mentioned in another post (dont remember which one) that you were inspired by something you saw at an amusement part, I believe, to make a trophy. Did you ever get around to doing that? Ever since you mentioned it, I"ve been waiting for a post about it lol you got me hangin!

MsM

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Willy, you mentioned in another post (dont remember which one) that you were inspired by something you saw at an amusement part, I believe, to make a trophy. Did you ever get around to doing that? Ever since you mentioned it, I"ve been waiting for a post about it lol you got me hangin!

MsM
I think I know what your talking about. I get inspired by so many things my to do list is HUGE. :eek: LOL!!! I seen a couple of trophies at Walmart that gave me some ideas. I have sketched out a couple of things but thats about it.

I have finished a few projects that I need to take pics of...maybe today ans I'll post them. Sorry to keep you hangin.:D

How have your projects been going?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've only just started my prop making, but I guess I have the advantage of only having my stuff up on the night and not weeks previously.

I'm starting to panic.. but your words have made me calm down a bit :)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I think I know what your talking about. I get inspired by so many things my to do list is HUGE. :eek: LOL!!! I seen a couple of trophies at Walmart that gave me some ideas. I have sketched out a couple of things but thats about it.

I have finished a few projects that I need to take pics of...maybe today ans I'll post them. Sorry to keep you hangin.:D

How have your projects been going?
My projects are going well, thanks for asking :) Have the funeral scene just about completed. Need to stock the coffin bar and let the guests come!
Dont forget to post those pics....I need some more ideas to steal....ummm...borrow :)

MsM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts