• Its never happened to Me

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:Theres one thing i hate about halloween props...

If you see something on a website and decide to buy it, you sign for a account and enterall your details until....

They DONT deliver to the UK...

This sometimes gets me in such a real huff...

IMO American websites sell better quality props for halloween...

There should be a company where they are able ship products to international places...

If you have suffered from this terrible problem express your anguish here....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ruggerz

I know your pain. We are a company that has dabbled in shipping overseas for some time know. One out of every five orders this year was to outside the United States. This does cause its own problems though and the problems are much harder to fix due to the distance. For this reason we will pretty much only ship items that are costume size(the size of an adult costume in the bag) or smaller. Items can get stuck in customs for months for no reason at all. I can ship out twenty of the same item and yours could be the one pulled. Some countries are worse than others. South America, Italy and Greece are really bad. And now you have the customer sending nasty emails because their item has not arrived knowing full well it is sitting in a customs office. And if you do get the item and not like it what then. You have to spend $20 to ship the item back. Custom fees are a major factor especially for the UK which levies high taxes on foreign orders. People actually get pissed at us for the customs their own country levies.

These are just a few reasons shipping overseas is a gamble. While we love our International clients until a better system is in place it may be tough to get some of the bigger items. Just from a sellers point of view.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
This is a bit off-topic but my husband and I were discussing it recently. If I were to send a package to (let's say) Ruggerz in the UK how does HIS post office make any money from it since I paid the postage here in the US? For that matter how does any of the people that handled that package along the way get a cut?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh I feel this sting also. Even though Guam is a US territory, nobody likes to ship here, or they try to charge like $400 for shipping!!
Not just props, but other things as well. Luckily I found a good electronics site that ships over here and at good shipping and handling prices!!
If I can't get the large props I want shipped here, then I am happy to be able to build them myself (at least untill I go back to the US :) )

·
Registered
530 Posts
I feel the pain too. I'm in Canada, which is waaaaaaay closer and I'd say a good 1/3 of the time, companies won't ship here. And when they do, they charge waaaaaaaay overboard. I know that a lot of it's the post office....I don't understand why it costs more to ship from New York to Toronto then from New York to Tampa. Anyone???? LOL

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
it really does drive me insane...INSANE I tell you!!! :p The number of times I have thought" ooh I must have that!", go to look at shipping....no:mad::mad::mad: It really "grinds my gears":D
I try to avoid that happening now, but only going to certain sites, and not even bothereing to look at others, cause it's just too depressing! Ebay is one where I still come across this, but that's really cause by searching '.com' rather than '.co.uk', you do get more from overseas that are likely to ship to us. Still a very large number that wont though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I work in the shipping dept where I work and I hate to ship International!! You would not believe the crap you have to go through. Then, surprise! Yes, customs holds it for whatever reason, and believe me they don't need one.I can understand the reasons companys don't want to ship ...especially something seasonal that has got to be there in a certain amount of time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well, I don't now why the cost is so much to ship there, but I have had a few items from my ebay store request shipment to Canada, UK, Germany, and the Netherlands....and yes, the cheapest method still costs 3-4 times the norm, with a 3-4 week ship time. Funny, I ordered my wedding ring from Ireland....cost me $5 shipping to here...but it was too big, so I had to return it. Cost me $18. Crazy. Its why I had put us only on my terms...I will ship, but they have to cover it...all you can do is bear it or do without....

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
The last time I shipped a Bucky to Canada, from the U.S., it cost more in customs and importation fees than the Bucky did to begin with!
A few years ago, I shipped some tools to a friend in Denmark, same story.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i sell on ebay. when i first started it was expensive, but the cost has really soared. when they want to bid on my item and i give them shipping costs, they change their minds. the other problem is i like to send a tracking number so we can tell where the package is, you can't do that with an overseas package.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I wonder if you called them in person if they would be willing to work something out with you? Especially since the econ is so crappy at the moment, they might be happy to get a sale where they can...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts