Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
WOW! I was proud of my first tombstone that I just finished... Until I saw yours. Unbelievable detail!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Terra! Can't say enough how much I enjoyed the tutorials...I'd be lost without them. You're the best.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I just love the Sweeney Todd stone so original and so detailed, nice job! The blood dripping is a nice touch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the great comments! I really appreciate it. I was asked what I did the portrait in... it's watercolor but I did colored pencils on top with a little bit of acrylics thrown in. I'm hoping the wax in the colored pencils plus the acrylic paint help keep it from fading out in the sunlight. Will have to wait & see...

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Thank you all for the great comments! I really appreciate it. I was asked what I did the portrait in... it's watercolor but I did colored pencils on top with a little bit of acrylics thrown in. I'm hoping the wax in the colored pencils plus the acrylic paint help keep it from fading out in the sunlight. Will have to wait & see...
You have amazing technique. You might want to experiment with some of the UV resistant clear acrylic finishes. You would have to spray the portrait before mounting it to the foam tombstone, but it would provide a layer of protection for the painting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts